Match just started on TV (1 Viewer)

i think the guardian pointed out that the two best penalties of the night were taken by ballack and hargreves, who learnt how to take them in germany. of that pair only ballack is a regualr taker. i feel for terry, but i have no doubt it was an ego thing.

Rubbish! It's not most players' regular gig. His technique was no worse than some others who scored, e.g. Anderson. Penalties are missed in shoot-outs, this is the way it goes. In big matches, they have been missed in worse ways by more experienced penalty takers than John Terry (e.g. Baggio, Platini, Shevchenko), and scored by equally defensive unlikelies (e.g. Dave O'Leary, Materazzi).
they didn't slip tho, did they? penalty taking isn't a lottery, it's a skill.

they didn't slip tho, did they? penalty taking isn't a lottery, it's a skill.

Who cares if he slipped? Beckham slipped taking one in a shoot out for England. Did his ego get in the way of deferring to a more capable player?
My suspicion is that you're retrospectively fitting your prejudice to the event, a la Dunphy.

Who cares if he slipped? Beckham slipped taking one in a shoot out for England. Did his ego get in the way of deferring to a more capable player?
My suspicion is that you're retrospectively fitting your prejudice to the event, a la Dunphy.
bollocks, it's alottery. could have gone either way.

are you looking for a fight, cos i'm bored with you googly eyed fucks without the sack to have a team coming over here hoping it's " a good game for the neutrals" and "the best team wins". prejudice is and integral part of the game. nay, necessary. without prejudice, we might as well fuck out the ball and watch the darts.

it looked like Terry followed through with a slip rather than slipped as he kicked the ball. I think he knew he screwed it and decided to slip. I'm sure he picked himself up with 20+ cocktails and strippers - maybe pissed all over himself, the bar and the girls. England's brave John Terry.

bollocks, it's alottery. could have gone either way.

are you looking for a fight, cos i'm bored with you googly eyed fucks without the sack to have a team coming over here hoping it's " a good game for the neutrals" and "the best team wins". prejudice is and integral part of the game. nay, necessary. without prejudice, we might as well fuck out the ball and watch the darts.

Yes.

good comeback. don't worry, at this level, you either got it or you don't. pick yourself up. dust yourself off. there's always next season.

I was just agreeing with you that it does take a whole lot of balls to have a team, especially a fancy team from the Champions League final.

Hector, you're talking shite. In a penalty shoot out Pele in his day could miss one, and I could score the next one. He slipped, it's as simple as that.
By the way, according to the Chelsea coaches its only cos Drogba got sent off that Terry was asked to take the 5th spot. Not that you could accept that, undoubtedly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back