Match just started on TV (1 Viewer)

Not sure if Drogba deserved that sending off. Seemed a bit harsh but anyways.

If anyone thinks Drogba has anyone but himself to blame, they're full of it.
The ref was looking right at him and he has to indulge in that petulant bullshit.
No argument with what the ref did, you can't be hitting other players in the face.

He's such a wonderful player to watch but he makes himself so difficult to root for.
Whether or not he would have changed the result of the shoot-out, who knows, but he owed it to his teammates to be on the field when it happened.

His cabaret act belongs in Serie A, good luck to him.

-----------------------------------------------
Scutter, you know that the bookies pay out on 90 minutes, right? So a draw was the winning bet last night.

I enjoyed that all right, and a Drogba sending off was a bonus.
I actually feel sorry for John Terry. I never thought I'd say that.

John terry saw the headlines. "brave terry takes final kick, wins cup for lampards ma". what the fuck was he doing taking a peno. he was all wrong. sums up chelsea though. personal glory. look at me. wankers.

that looking to the sky celebration is pretty old already. have some respect, frank.

John terry saw the headlines. "brave terry takes final kick, wins cup for lampards ma". what the fuck was he doing taking a peno. he was all wrong. sums up chelsea though. personal glory. look at me. wankers.

nah, any professional footballer should be able to take a penalty. he missed it cos he slipped.

Giles and co. spouted some outrageous shite about Terry's penalty. He actually struck the ball reasonably well and it hit the post rather than flying 5 yards over the bar. Terry was unlucky, it was nothing to do with getting his foot too close to the ball or whatever "I was a pro and I'm talking down to you idiots" crap Giles decides to say.

eh.......Ferguson?

don't think fergie's eligible to take spot kicks
would be good if he did anyway

was also pleased to see ronaldo 'caught out' by cech.
what a wanker. stalling his run like a wanker. cech standing there eyeballing him - "no sweat wee man"
wankers, all of them.

I saw them too as he walked up to the box and cringed. I wanted Chelsea to win (well, I wanted them to win more that I wanted United to) but still had a giggle when it happend.

Much more enjoyable match than I would have thought. In the end i was rooting for Chelsea, but when the dust settles there was still no perfect result. Drogba off, Ronaldo missing and crying, Terry missing and crying.. that's about as satisfying as it gets I suppose!

Fair fucks to United but our penos final wipes the floor with theirs. If we'd lost to them like that instead of Chelsea.. doesn't bare thinking about...

Now, Drogba off to Serie A and let's see dickneck show his true colours by swanning off to Madrid.

agreed, but only by virtue of having had a much longer go at it

JT's made some serious headway in the relatively short time he's been around

Much more enjoyable match than I would have thought. In the end i was rooting for Chelsea, but when the dust settles there was still no perfect result. Drogba off, Ronaldo missing and crying, Terry missing and crying.. that's about as satisfying as it gets I suppose!

Would it not have been more satisfying with Ashley I-nearly-crashed-my-car Cole missing and crying as well?

nah, any professional footballer should be able to take a penalty. he missed it cos he slipped.
should do. he slipped cos his technique was wrong cos it's not his regular gig. sure he was unlucky with the slip, and it still nearly went in, but these tiny percentages make and break matches like that. kalou stepped up and slotted his away no bother. there's a man who kicks ball at the nets all day. terry couldn't stand not to take one, regardless of his ability. he should have swallowed his ego for the good of the team.

Would it not have been more satisfying with Ashley I-nearly-crashed-my-car Cole missing and crying as well?
that's two he's lost now. what is it about ashley and failure? chelsea were champions before he joined.

should do. he slipped cos his technique was wrong cos it's not his regular gig. sure he was unlucky with the slip, and it still nearly went in, but these tiny percentages make and break matches like that. kalou stepped up and slotted his away no bother. there's a man who kicks ball at the nets all day. terry couldn't stand not to take one, regardless of his ability. he should have swallowed his ego for the good of the team.

Rubbish! It's not most players' regular gig. His technique was no worse than some others who scored, e.g. Anderson. Penalties are missed in shoot-outs, this is the way it goes. In big matches, they have been missed in worse ways by more experienced penalty takers than John Terry (e.g. Baggio, Platini, Shevchenko), and scored by equally defensive unlikelies (e.g. Dave O'Leary, Materazzi).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back