Ireland (1 Viewer)

I should continue my decades-old futile effort to make my parents less prejudiced, so that my kids will do the same for/to me? That's a pretty convoluted justification for doing something that I can't help doing one way or the other
No, more that you’re modelling decent behaviour and if you’re like me you hope that your kids will grow up to be decent and have the same integrity that you showed. Plus it’s an act of kindness to keep pushing back for your parents - maybe you’re just one conversation away from change or maybe you’ll never change their mind but giving up isn’t going to change anything.

Our parents and us by extention live in a societal bubble that might never repeat.

1930-40s ireland was bordering on medieval technology
In that 80-90 year period there has been more layering of technology than any other known time in human history. the renaissance doesn't have a mild look in on it.
Everything in their entire lives has consistently improved effectively. My grandparents house was stones from the ground with no insulation hand built by a few lads on the street, heated centrally by turf without running water or electricity. Now it's zoom calls while controlling the heating using the same hand held computer.

I've come to the conclusion that their grasp on reality, ours and probably a few generations more is minimal.

Enoch won't be going back to his adopted home outside the school for a while yet.
And even more surprising he is still being paid

The video on this clip

Seems to have been recorded from here.

View attachment 18260

What the fuck, like…

View attachment 18259

I think you're over estimating how much of a fuck the lads give and how under resourced the Garda are. In proximity of the station is not important when you've fuck all gardaí/cars

I think you're over estimating how much of a fuck the lads give and how under resourced the Garda are. In proximity of the station is not important when you've fuck all gardaí/cars
Lack of cars shouldn’t matter when it’s literally a 2 minute walk. But you make a valid point.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back