how much is whleans to book? (2 Viewers)

Its free if you have to promise to wear a green knitted cardigan with wooden buttons that resemble hot cross buns and whinge with an acoustic guitar for an hour and a half about how hard it is to be the child of wealthy parents living in Celtic Tiger Ireland living off an allowance till your trust-fund matures.

Its free if you have to promise to wear a green knitted cardigan with wooden buttons that resemble hot cross buns and whinge with an acoustic guitar for an hour and a half about how hard it is to be the child of wealthy parents living in Celtic Tiger Ireland living off an allowance till your trust-fund matures.

I take it you haven't been to Whelan's in ten years?

It depends on the night that you want it for but it will be about 400 to 500 during the week and probably at least 750 for a weekend gig. For them it depends on the band so you can negotiate based on the crowd you will REALISTICALLY get. They make all their money from the bar so if they don't know you and don't think that you will pull a crowd they just wont give it to you at the weekend even if you offer the money because they want it full. You get to keep the door money so if you pay 750 and then sell 200 tickets on the door for 7 you stand to make about 700 depending on what your other costs are.

Also, if they have to open upstairs they charge you more because they have to put someone on the door into the men's jacks / dressing room area and put an extra barman upstairs which is quite shit seeing as they're selling more beer.

Seemingly Whelans also has somewhat of a reputation for singer songwriters. This is a highly original and intriguing point which I feel is not discussed enough on message boards.

>>It depends on the night that you want it for but it will be about 400 to >>500 during the week and probably at least 750 for a weekend gig.

Depends on the the night alright but best to check with Derek Nally in Whelans to get accurate pricing... Pricing is staggered towards the w/e.

Is Leagues involved in Whelans booking nowadays?

And I much point out that David Kitt never really fitted into the moany hole singer/songwriter bracket, he was much more creative and original than most of those bed wetters.

word on the street is that, yes, leagues is involved in whelan's bookings these days. try to get hold of him and not derek nally. that's all i'm saying

I've never heard of anyone paying anywhere near €750 for Whelans. Where did that figure come from? Did prices go up recently?

Kittser??? is it 2001 again???

it's always 2001 in whelan's, even 20 years ago...

I've never heard of anyone paying anywhere near €750 for Whelans. Where did that figure come from? Did prices go up recently?

yeah, 750 sounds way too much
500 at highest at weekends - normally 250/300 early in the week, 400ish mid-week

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back