Help westernise those dirty little Indian Children. (1 Viewer)

Corey

She's proper mad this one;

Hi Corey,
Now that I've gotten over you not recognising me in the GBS, I am writing to you to let you know about the gig, though you should have received a text on Monday evening.

Sugar Club, Sunday 27th April, recommended donation €15, €10 students/the very broke. My brother Stefan, Karen McDermott plus harpist Clare O'Donnell and Fionn Regan TBC.

I will be teaching young children in the slums of Delhi basic English, Hindi and Maths for ten weeks this summer, so that they can get into mainstream school. More info can be found at www.suas.ie or at my mycharity page below. Here's the link to the short film made by last year's volunteers
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please, please tell EVERYONE you know. As I said, if all of my friends came and brought one or two people I'll be ok. If you'd like to help out in any other way please do let me know!

It was good to see you and I hope I will again soon.
Anna x

--
Help Anna volunteer in Delhi this summer by giving a small donation now!

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/anna_to_delhi/

The youtube vid has the gladiator soundtrack on it. Reason enough. Do it or i'll break all of your pretty little First World Legs.

If anyone's got access to mags that are au currant (i'm looking at you jane, Jim, Lala, etc.) ,i'll bet she'd simply wet herself if anyone were to give it it a brief mention.

I need not remind you all how of sound you are.

But i just did.

a good friend of mine did this 2 years ago. it changed her life..
she said it was the most incredible experience and she is even thinking of going back. now its as tough as hell, but you just gotta suck it up you pussies!

a good friend of mine did this 2 years ago. it changed her life..
she said it was the most incredible experience and she is even thinking of going back. now its as tough as hell, but you just gotta suck it up you pussies!

I've been westenising the brown people in Asia for 3 and a half years now. It's the "third world" for very good reasons is all I'll say.

We need more third world kids speaking English.
It would be very hard to go over there and teach them maths in a language you don't know, wouldn't it?
Though how your one is going to teach them Hindi, I've no idea.
Fair play.
HandsClap.JPG

lads, who wrote the "help traveller kids first" tag?
i'v heard that shite so many times, like we should pack in all charity work abroad until our own country is sorted out. what a great world that would be, where 1st world countries concentrate on their own problems, like "ya, we'll help ye lads in a hundred years or so, when our country has reached its own utopian potential".

i'v heard that shite so many times, like we should pack in all charity work abroad until our own country is sorted out. what a great world that would be, where 1st world countries concentrate on their own problems, like "ya, we'll help ye lads in a hundred years or so, when our country has reached its own utopian potential".

Sounds like a great plan, can this be an anarchist utopia?

What about this:
First world countries have a responsibility to help the 3rd world kids because our capitalist system and colonial history is what’s keeping them down. How’s that, does that sound good?

Anywhoz, helping the travellerz and helping the Indianz are not mutually exclusive thingz.

I hear ya, fuck those traveller kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back