Hayfever (1 Viewer)

jane said:
What do you take for it? I have been taking Clarityn on and off for years, and I think it's great. I take it all year round, since I'm allergic to just about everything, but I take breaks from it for a few weeks at a time, during less allergenic seasons, just so I won't build up a tolerance.

I recently expierienced my woman WITHOUT Clarityn. She takes it EVERY day for 12 years. Found herself without last Wednesday night.

Poster_4962.jpg

so apparently sugar in the diet can interfere with the immune system and can worsen allergic reactions. also, dairy is a big no no for the hayfever season due to it's mucous forming bastardness. if i was a subscriber i'd change my name to no-funchee :(

in related news i'm going to the doctor to find out about the jab and prescription hayfever drugs. will keep yous posted.

i pray for rain.

ok so just back from the doctor. she said the jab (which is steroids) isn't recomended and she never prescribes it. if things get really bad she would prescribe a short treatment (1 or 2 weeks) of steroid tablets but only in extreme circumstances. she prescribed me xyzal tablets (prescription anti-histamine) and flixanase nasal spray. I went to the chemist and got charged over 50 quid for them :(. i really hope they work.

one interesting snippet of information that i got from her was that apparently anxiety can produce histamines too. so if your head is wrecked and you can't do anything and start getting stressed out it can only make it worse both psychologicly and physically. something to remember me thinks.

she also mentioned something about a dr. bruce mitchell who does stuff on resistance building and immunology but that some doctors think its a load of bollocks. i haven't got the time at the moment with exams and all to research that but its more of a long term thing anyway and i need answers now dammit.

myself and a friend gave this workshop thing a while ago about herbal remedies for various common ailments, anyways, one of them was hayfever, soooo, here's what we came up with:

Hayfever:
-With any catarrah problems, a low mucus-froming diet is important. Avoid milk and cheese and refined carbohydrates. Starchy stuff like bananas should also be avoided in severe cases.

-Local honey can be benificial, it is best as unrefined as possible, from the farmer (especially the layer skimmed off the top) is best. it contains the most pollen and ingesting pollen helps relieve hayfever.

-Lemon is a natural anti-histamine so honey and lemon drinks can help.

-making a mix of Chamomile and peppermint tea and inhaling while drinking can bring immediate relief.

- another tea to try is chamomile, elderflower and nettle.

-Honegar is a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey (1:1), it is an old remedy for many ailments including hayfever. For hayfever it is reccomended to take a spoon of honey, then a shot of honegar (2 teaspoons of each in a little water)

- build up your immune system - garlic, vitamin C, eat well, try to avoid stress.

as much as i hate to promote big pharmaceutical companies those prescription anti-histamines i got are really doing the trick. they're called xyzal. i don't feel on top of the world or anything but i think that's mainly down to stress and stuff but the exam stress would be pure hell without this shit. anyway, go to your doc and get some prescription shit. if you ask nicely you might even get some valium. ;)

If you use Beconase regularly it builds up a resistance to pollen. You're supposed to use it in the build up to Summer which I never do. Of course in Ireland there's no fucking build up to Summer. It's really good though. Of course every hayfever sufferer is different. Like ugly malformed snowflakes.

does anybody get those shots at the start of summer which prevent hayfever symptoms...sorry if it's been mentioned already, i can't be arsed reading the whole thread.

The said:
does anybody get those shots at the start of summer which prevent hayfever symptoms...sorry if it's been mentioned already, i can't be arsed reading the whole thread.

i asked the doctor about them the other week and she said they're not recommended and that she actually won't prescribe them. they are steroid shots and not good for you. if you have it real bad and need to get serious relief in the short term you can get steroid tablets for like a week and they won't fuck you up. someone else was saying somewhere else in the thread that the shots were good though so i dunno. ask your doctor i reckon.

The most effective way to relieve hayfever is by using steroid based treatments, more specifically corticosteroids. Beconase contains corticosteroids and while they work well, as dunchee said they aren't good for the body when used for a prolonged period. A family member got problems from using them before for psoriasis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back