Hayfever (1 Viewer)

I've been grand for a couple of years but since last Friday I've been feeling it, the thing is that it's not really a severe case, just a minor irritation so I feel like a pussy complaining about it, which pisses me off.

Aoife, Pants and all the rest of y'all that are really suffering have my sincere sympathies.

hayfever is a sign of weakness and inferiority.

all hayfever sufferers will be eliminated.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
yeah sounds really terrible guys

Pantone247 said:
weird, they way different folk get affected different times
I guess more allergic to different pollens

you find anything that worked for you?

I wasted 7 quid on clarityn that didn't work and am now on 'Bio Force' something or other on recomendation from the good folks at Down To Earth

I don't think allergies work like that.
AFAIK everyone has a certain immunity (not really the right word) to things like pollen. Some high, some low.
In summer the pollen breaks down your immunity until your body finally goes 'F**k this, time for some sneezing, coughing and streaming eyes. I've got to get this s**t offa me!!!!"
Happens at different times to different people.
Once it takes hold, nothing works 100%, some things relieve it a bit though.
This year I am mainly splashing my face with cold water at every opportunity and taking claretine.
a

BTW: If you feel like going to the doctor about it, ask him/her for a repeat perscription for neo-claritin.
I used that last year and it's the only thing that really seems to work.
Expensive though.

are more people developing hay fever? a few people have said to me that they're getting it for the first time this year, people in their 20s and 30s. weirrrrd... could it have something to do with modern products?

jane said:
Apparently, eating locally-produced honey can help you build up a tolerance to pollen, though I'm not really sure how, why, or if that's utter bullshit.

Quoting from the Limerick Post
"It's really best to start hay fever treatment by February to build up resistance before the hay fever seaon starts. Taking 2 or 3 teaspoons of good quality honey every day right through the winter is one very effective way to strengthen immunity. By using local honey, the body is exposed to the kind of pollens that would usually trigger an attack, but in minute doses. By the time the time the air is full of such pollens, the immune system doesn't react with the dreaded hayfever symptoms"

I only started getting hayfever when I moved to the city from the countryside. fucking pollution or something. clarytin works well for me and I am trying the honey at the moment but the closest local honey I can find is from Cork so I am not sure if it's working, tastes great though :)

well my season has started. have felt a few tinges the last week but today is a definite dose - really tired, fucked eyes, cloudy head, etc. i've got a stupidly long season too - i won't be in the clear 'till august (due to being allergic to grass pollen apparently). hope it's not as bad as last year and reading over this thread 2005 was a very shit hayfever year for loads of people.

one thing i've found that gives instant relief for those really bad attacks is making a cup of tea with a camomile tea bag and a peppermint one. then inhale the steam in long deep breaths and drink when it has cooled a bit. it really calms my head and relieves the narkyness.

those of you who mentioned neoclarityn:
how much is it? how many do you get? and how many do you have to take?
exam time is fast approaching and i need a magic cure...

DuncheeKnifed said:
relieves the narkyness.

i need a magic cure...

You poor lamb. My heart goes out to you. I'm lucky not to have it by this time of year this year, but when my hayfever is bad I have the shortest shortest fuse. Probably frustration. I hope you find something that works for you.

The jab (cortisone) is the only magic cure that I've heard of, but as other people have said, it's incredibly bad for you - I had never heard of it "sticking around" and there are family members who used to get two a year every year, nor did I know you had to get it early...anyway.
If you're in a serious bind and exams are coming up etc then it may be worth considering, as a one-off.

The new era homeopathic salts apparently worked for me, but I only started taking them around 13-14, and my hay fever disappeared when I was 15, so it may not have been working at all. Definitely worth trying though, cos it's cheap, and not particularly harmful.

Zirtek never worked for me.
Clarityn always did.
Seldane was a deadly buzz. Seldane + half a pint while on holiday in Bavaria = 13-year old ICUH8N mad out of it.

ICUH8N said:
The jab (cortisone) is the only magic cure that I've heard of, but as other people have said, it's incredibly bad for you - I had never heard of it "sticking around" and there are family members who used to get two a year every year, nor did I know you had to get it early...anyway.
If you're in a serious bind and exams are coming up etc then it may be worth considering, as a one-off.

The new era homeopathic salts apparently worked for me, but I only started taking them around 13-14, and my hay fever disappeared when I was 15, so it may not have been working at all. Definitely worth trying though, cos it's cheap, and not particularly harmful.

Zirtek never worked for me.
Clarityn always did.
Seldane was a deadly buzz. Seldane + half a pint while on holiday in Bavaria = 13-year old ICUH8N mad out of it.

thanks for the replies.
tried that new era stuff last year and it didn't really do much. i really wanna know the deal with that neoclarityn and any more info on the jab would be great.

Neoclarityn is about twice the price of the normal stuff and your doctor has to prescribe it for you. It really works.

I've been feeling the hayfever itch for the last two weeks. Mainly after cycling. Cold water on the face sorts it out but I'm gonna head to the doctor for the jab next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back