Has Dublin lost its edge? (1 Viewer)

I like it round poolbeg street and hawkins street. Seems like the only part of town where I'm not walking through crowds of motherfuckers. Shame they knocked that old building down. Looks sweet in that picture there.

I live in the north inner city. It's brill. 147 is poncing parnell street up a bit, but they do make a good prick sandwich. Talbot street still has a bang of edge off it.

I dont talk to any of my neighbours, but i like looking out the window when they are shouting at each other.

There are some nice old buildings in Dublin allot of the time they just need a bit of tidying up or a bit of tlc if you demolish everything you lose the historical sense of the place.

I live in the north inner city. It's brill. 147 is poncing parnell street up a bit, but they do make a good prick sandwich. Talbot street still has a bang of edge off it.

a fair few of the locals seem to use 147deli - at least in the non-lunch times. probably helps to keep the ponce factor down.

talbot st, thomas st/james st and phibsboro are pretty much ungentrifiable.

I live in Portobello, we got two falafel places to choose from along with the best chipper in Dublin.

a fair few of the locals seem to use 147deli - at least in the non-lunch times. probably helps to keep the ponce factor down.

talbot st, thomas st/james st and phibsboro are pretty much ungentrifiable.

American friend of mine was over visiting the in-laws this month, he lives in Manhatten, waaaaaaay uptown, about 200th street, so he's hardly posh, and was staying in Phibsborough. He mentioned to me that it had a bit of menace to it.

Goddamnit. My sister just posted this.

Reminder: we smashed this:
http://bit.ly/1mQ6ekx
M_TheatreRoyal_HawkinsSt_eas1700.jpg

to build this: http://bit.ly/1mQ368j
HawkinsStreet.jpg

#thisisireland

You are incorrect. We smashed this iteration to build the above abomination. 6898594718_dc36faa538_o.jpg

Phibsboro is the least menacing part of Dublin. Maybe it's because it's the part of the inner city I am most familiar with these past 20 years but I never quite get what people mean when they talk about it in such terms.

The Theatre Royal in the black and white pic was knocked in the 1930s and replaced with the Art Deco behemoth in my picture in 1935. The latter had a capacity of 4000, making it IIRC, the biggest theatre then extant in Ireland and Britain. Judy Garland, Gene Autry and Bill Haley and His Comets are only some of the luminaries who performed there.

By the way, the only things I've learned from attempting to write a book is I hate writing books and not so long ago life was irredeemably awful for swathes of Dublin's populace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back