Has Dublin lost its edge? (2 Viewers)

Sorry for derailing the 'Dublin losing its edge' thing. But if you want edge, try getting past an angry swan on a narrow towpath.

I'd say 'de-railing' is the exact opposite of what you did.

giphy.gif

I have no idea: I just don't have the use of the like buttons, they're not even displaying, and I can't list who's liked (or more importantly, DISLIKED) any of mine. I'll try logging out and in again.
HMM sounds like permissions are screwed.

Stoneybatter is definitely going the gentrification route if that stupid fucking coffee shop "COFFEE" which opened right next door to a coffee shop is anything to go by. I mean literally right next door.

I tried the coffee once, was fine, it's in the vain of the Twisted Pepper or Brother Hubbards but not quite as good.
But by god what a fucking douchey place. It has no character whatsoever and there was some Ridge Racer soundtrack styled lite jazz playing.

Stoneybatter has been in state of almost-gentrification since I came to Dublin over 20 years ago. It has always had the bohemian, arty set living side by side with the locals-the way Temple Bar was not so long ago. Every now and again the spotlight focuses on it as the home of the countries' up and coming artists and creators..then it fades away again.

The redevelopment and marketing of Smithfield combined with the addition of the college at Grangegorman and the inevitable Luas line will probably seal the deal for ever as a place for college students and 'creatives' who can afford to live there.

Someone with a load of money will no doubt start redeveloping the sites of the derelict high-rise flats at O'Devany Gardens and make even more money.

On a semi-related note, I heard that Miley Cyrus was drinking in Walshes when she came to town

Miley fucking Cyrus

in Walshes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back