Guitarists talking about their gear (3 Viewers)

Ah right.

How odd. I wonder how many people have ruined their guitars trying to be like him.

I put scallops on my neck. It's really hard get the grease off it.

scallop8.jpg

Mastodon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bollocks, It's all about even order harmonics, asymmetrical clipping/distortion and compression. Tubes do all that in a way that is mighty pleasing to the ear.

People need to remember that tubes have a lo-fi effect, not hi-fi. The whole reason distortion can be made sound good is because it filters off some of the high end(though personally I like some crazy full range fuzz too). If you take even square wave distortion and put it through a low pass filter, it'll sound a lot nicer. After all synths use filtered square waves.

People need to remember that tubes have a lo-fi effect, not hi-fi. The whole reason distortion can be made sound good is because it filters off some of the high end(though personally I like some crazy full range fuzz too). If you take even square wave distortion and put it through a low pass filter, it'll sound a lot nicer. After all synths use filtered square waves.

What do ya mean by square wave distortion through a low pass filter?

What do ya mean by square wave distortion through a low pass filter?

On electric guitars generally distortion is achieved by clipping the waveform of the signal at its outermost regions, the more distortion applied to the signal, the more clipping that takes place and the more that the waveform of your signal begins to resemble a square wave. A low pass filter is a filter the allows through the lower frequencies being produced but which cuts off or reduces the frequencies higher than the filter's cut-off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-pass_filter#
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_wave

More Matt Pike.

http://www.guitarnoize.com/blog/comments/alex-lifeson-introduces-his-hughes-kettner-steam-punk-rig/

Alex Lifeson, the legendary guitarist with Canadian Rock Giants RUSH introduces us to his “astonishing” new Hughes & Kettner “Steam Punk” rig just as RUSH embark on their “Time Machine over America” 2010 tour. The interview took place in Sony Film Studios, Culver City Los Angeles California at the final pre-production rehearsals for the “Time Machine” tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back