Guitarists talking about their gear (3 Viewers)

Rick derringer....I though it was nigel tufnell

Nice one Les. I have a Gibson Les Paul standard....I'll always have one, great instrument

Did I really not add a link for that Jon Lord one? I'm a clown.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway,back to guitars
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

CLUNK...hahaha....hilarious....SCRATCH,CRACK!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQANhRXDDt0&feature=channel"]YouTube - In the Studio with... Yngwie Malmsteen[/ame]

What does scalloped mean?

attachment.php

well, it helps you play really past as you don't need to apply much pressure to the string to fret it. it feels completly mangey though. and i'd image its quite hard on your fingertips.

well, it helps you play really past as you don't need to apply much pressure to the string to fret it.

So are you not actually touching the fretboard when you fret a note, just pulling the string down onto the fret and letting your finger rest on nothing?

it feels completly mangey though. and i'd image its quite hard on your fingertips.

I'd say he has adamantium callouses.

So are you not actually touching the fretboard when you fret a note, just pulling the string down onto the fret and letting your finger rest on nothing?

exactly. and i guess when you're used to it you know how much pressure you need to apply (not very much) to create the note.

You're not really supposed to use much pressure to fret a string anyway. I've always thought I only touch the fretboard by default.
I reckon it'd be odd to play scalloped frets though. A bit like a sitar or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back