Guitarists talking about their gear (1 Viewer)

speaking of which, my car is in the garage right now-- they haven't a clue how to fix it cos thre are no electronics

light a fire under the engine. i've seen mates do that loads of times with engines that hadnt run for a while to get them to work, so long as its one of these type things:

DUMPER-TRUCK-jim-batty.jpg

speaking of which, my car is in the garage right now-- they haven't a clue how to fix it cos thre are no electronics

pfft!

here, I never got thet VHS tape back off you
Did ya not?that was back in me gargle days..I prolly tried smoking it

I'll get it when I'm over in the gaf later man

no worries Gaz!

ann post- it's a fuel filter issue-- they're about a tenner on ebay

I'm tempted to try replacing it myself but it'd probably end in disaster
parnellst1.jpg

I've a mate in derry who occasionally runs a vintage car, he always said that minis were the easiest in the world to fix yourself. I'd say get the haynes manual and suss it out.

what about reverbses.

I have it-and I do the odd easy fix but I'm pretty hopeless at that kind of thing

anyway...about the reverbs'

about reverbs - has anyone here actually got a reverb pedal??? i get curious about them from time to time. i am aware every amp on earth has reverb... just curious.

I fancy getting a reverb pedal myself..as Moose pointed out to me the other night when we were talking about overdrive..the sound offa pedal is gonna be way better than that of an amps overdrive because the pedal is totally all about doing that one thing..ergo..a reverb pedal must be better that on board reverb..I think that makes sense

possibly - i have an old peavey solid state that is awful but i've written on it for years - the problem for me now is that the reverb on that amp seems to go on after everything, or at least its the last switch before output, which is sort of what i want - none of these new little valve heads seem to have to have that configuration.

i.e.

guitar -> overdrive -> reverb -> speaker ≥ epic

rather than

guitar -> reverb - > overdrive -> speaker ≤ epic

Reverb defo has to come post overdrive....I think a lot of the cheap tube heads have an effects return send on them though..which is basically jackpot no?

Thats what I'm thinking anyway

Reverb defo has to come post overdrive....I think a lot of the cheap tube heads have an effects return send on them though..which is basically jackpot no?

Thats what I'm thinking anyway

none of the tiny ones seem to have that. maybe theres an ebay mod for that?? does yours, or is yours a combo?

about reverbs - has anyone here actually got a reverb pedal??? i get curious about them from time to time. i am aware every amp on earth has reverb... just curious.

had a holy grail for 2years. cheapish and nice.
bit harsh sometimes but still very useable
ended up selling it since i dont use much verb.

I fancy getting a reverb pedal myself..as Moose pointed out to me the other night when we were talking about overdrive..the sound offa pedal is gonna be way better than that of an amps overdrive because the pedal is totally all about doing that one thing..ergo..a reverb pedal must be better that on board reverb..I think that makes sense

it depends on you resources and what you're after. if you consider that about a 3rd of all overdrives are based on a tube screamer, which is a pedal that is meant to emulate natural tube amp overdrive, you could argure that amp over drives are the grail. nerds with cash tend to run a clean amp and a dirty amp rather then a load of pedals.

i have a holy grail reverb which i ran throught effects loop on my little blackstar. it sounded significantly better then in a line of pedals. might be selling it actually...

Do you reckon 20 watts is enough to gig with(slaved into a 4x12)..Moose reckons yah

i'd imagine it would be plenty loud enough, slaved or not. 20 valve watts is very loud.

it depends on you resources and what you're after. if you consider that about a 3rd of all overdrives are based on a tube screamer, which is a pedal that is meant to emulate natural tube amp overdrive, you could argure that amp over drives are the grail. nerds with cash tend to run a clean amp and a dirty amp rather then a load of pedals.

i have a holy grail reverb which i ran throught effects loop on my little blackstar. it sounded significantly better then in a line of pedals. might be selling it actually...

i'd imagine it would be plenty loud enough, slaved or not. 20 valve watts is very loud.

I might be interested in that...yeah you gotta run reverb through the loop..I remember that fromn my days playin techno

I have to say i prefer pedal overdive now that I'm a tube head..less noise between the music

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back