Girls are a deadly buzz (2 Viewers)

Reasons why I dont want to be 30-

- most 30 year olds i have seen have drifted out of fashion and everything cool with out knowing therefore still thinking they are "the bomb".

-If you are yet to be married and yet to have children you are seen as being a bit odd or something.

-you cant do silly things and get away with them.

-all you do is work and sleep.

- Im afraid that I wont be firends with the people that im best friends with now, anymore.

Roisin said:

- most 30 year olds i have seen have drifted out of fashion and everything cool with out knowing therefore still thinking they are "the bomb".
ok - this scares me. i could give a shit about being seen as 'odd' for not being married, but if i'm hitting the town looking like an idiot without knowing it, i'll be most upset.

Roisin said:

-If you are yet to be married and yet to have children you are seen as being a bit odd or something.

- Im afraid that I wont be firends with the people that im best friends with now, anymore.

you don't know many 30 year olds, do you?

Best top yourself soon then

Roisin said:

Zeelander said:
You'd have to ask Sadie for it back first.

:D
guh? i have been called a mickey lender in my time but to my knowledge......................................... i really can't be arsed finishing this.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
you don't know many 30 year olds, do you?

Im 16 if I did know lots of 30 year olds or hang around with them wouldnt it be a tad fucking odd?

i can't fucking wait to be 30. i'm going to play esg and led zeppelin all night. p.s. i just bought a bike in bristol for ..... wait for it ......... 69 pounds. i kid you not ladies and gentlemen. 69 pounds. i nearly cried.

Roisin said:
Im 16 if I did know lots of 30 year olds or hang around with them wouldnt it be a tad fucking odd?

and yet it doesn't stop you from commentin about that shit...

fucks sake, i'm picking on 16 year olds on the internet. bong time.

Reasons I don't want to be a teenager. This post.

Ah no, onny buzzin Roisin.

Roisin said:

Getting older is the best buzz ever. I'm onny 24 but I reckon it gets better each year. Seriously. Every year I look back and go 'duh', and feel infinitely brainier. I'm really glad I don't have access to my first couple of hundred posts to be honest, case in point.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
and yet it doesn't stop you from commentin about that shit...

fucks sake, i'm picking on 16 year olds on the internet. bong time.
good call. pity i didn't have your sense in my day.

do yis remember that joan of arse song that started "quarter of a century, full of sadness..." - i finally worked out what that's all about...sniff...sob...sniff...WHY?!?!

it's better to be 16 because -

- you get to go to deadly school
- you have fuck all money
- you live in some bogger arse end of nowhere
- with your parents.

Roisin said:

Roisin said:

but by the time you're 30 you'll look back and think "jaysis, i can't believe i was friends with those gobshites when I was 16".

Roisin said:

This isn't true at all! If you're 30 and not married or mammy, only small-minded lameos think you're odd, but since you're 30, you have enough sense and wisdom to know not to give a shit what someone like that thinks.

Your definition of 'cool' changes. You stop trying so hard, and it gives you a hell of a lot of breathing space, which allows you to open yourself to all sorts of new experiences that you wouldn't have appreciated when you were younger. It's a huge relief, believe me.

Your definition of 'silly' also changes. And believe me, you can still get away with stuff. I do miss the fits of utterly hysterical laughter I used to get as a teenager, but there are lots more ways to amuse yourself. Not only do you not lose your sense of humour, your newfound sense of self allows you to laugh at even more stuff, and come up with ever more innovative ways of being silly.

All you do is work and sleep? Hardly!

Sure, you might not be friends with the friends you have now, but that's not the worst thing ever. Be happy you have them now, and don't worry too much that you might grow apart from them someday. You might grow apart from some of them for a while, and then reconnect with them later, and end up having a whole new friendship with them. Having friends with whom you share a past is great, but it's not the only basis for being buds with someone.

So appreciate what you've got now, and look forward to being 30. But don't rush, like.

jane said:
This isn't true at all! If you're 30 and not married or mammy, only small-minded lameos think you're odd, but since you're 30, you have enough sense and wisdom to know not to give a shit what someone like that thinks.

Your definition of 'cool' changes. You stop trying so hard, and it gives you a hell of a lot of breathing space, which allows you to open yourself to all sorts of new experiences that you wouldn't have appreciated when you were younger. It's a huge relief, believe me.

Your definition of 'silly' also changes. And believe me, you can still get away with stuff. I do miss the fits of utterly hysterical laughter I used to get as a teenager, but there are lots more ways to amuse yourself. Not only do you not lose your sense of humour, your newfound sense of self allows you to laugh at even more stuff, and come up with ever more innovative ways of being silly.

Sure, you might not be friends with the friends you have now, but that's not the worst thing ever. Be happy you have them now, and don't worry too much that you might grow apart from them someday. You might grow apart from some of them for a while, and then reconnect with them later, and end up having a whole new friendship with them. Having friends with whom you share a past is great, but it's not the only basis for being buds with someone.

So appreciate what you've got now, and look forward to being 30. But don't rush, like.

judas priest, kirstie, why the hell can't you be nice like jane?!

oh pot, kettle, black, how you shame me.

fo serious but, if you're a boring teenager you'll be a boring adult. It may even be as simple as that. Plus your life is much fuller when you're older and bizarrely it is possible to have the trappings of adulthood (marriage, mortgages, babies) without turning into a dull cunt. Amazing.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
judas priest, kirstie, why the hell can't you be nice like jane?!

jane said:

...and remember, always wear sunblock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back