Girls are a deadly buzz (1 Viewer)

actually I'm busy@work - work is something you have to do when you're 30. However, it's compensated for by being paid employment, which means you can go shopping and buy all the cds and dvds you want.

Also, your 20's go by so fast that you'll probably be all 30 before you finish posting about how you've still half a decade to go.

Super Dexta said:
ah, i knew you'd crack eventually, crystal

snakybus said:
Girls are good but women are better. A woman in her thirties can wear lots of lipstick and stuff and it looks great. A woman in her thirties knows how to make her hair look good and all that junk, if she feels like it. A woman in her thirties won't drive you crazy with indecision (well actually, they will, but not the kind of indecision that breaks your heart, more just the "I can't decide what I want to order" kind of indecision). A woman in her thirties is well-read. A woman in her thirties looks good in jeans.

(I have stolen lots of the above from a crotchetty old American called Andy Rooney)

Ah! I agree with this wholeheartedly.

egg_ said:
I was at a 95th birthday party on Saturday. The birthday girl turned 30 during World War 2. She's done a hell of a lot of living since

my grandfather (alive, independent, sane, beats you at board games, ninety-two years old) wrote his first book in his late eighties, started painting in his seventies, and is still vaguely planning on going to college to do an arts degree. he was at the berlin olympics in 1936. hardcore.

(he turned up at my birthday dinner and started this big conversation with my mum about the surnames of wexford and wicklow, and was telling her about the parle family - thought you'd like that, egg_.)

(this post has nothing to do with girls - thread officially derailed.)

edited to add: this is meant to be a 'jayzuz, you wimps' retort to the people giving out about being 30. i'm not just yakking on about having a cool gramps.

What about this fashionable new quarterlife crisis then. I got a dose of it after reading some spazmo article in the sunday rag, been down with it for a few months now. oh the indecisions and injustice......... etc

Zeelander said:
Quarterlife crisis = "What path can I take in life to ensure that I can be wealthy AND cool", yes?
well...... more the realisation that the path you took in life to ensure that you can be wealthy AND cool wasn't the right path and you've been sitting in a broken down car for 4 years.

kirstie said:
actually I'm busy@work - work is something you have to do when you're 30. However, it's compensated for by being paid employment, which means you can go shopping and buy all the cds and dvds you want.

Also, your 20's go by so fast that you'll probably be all 30 before you finish posting about how you've still half a decade to go.
I'm in paid employement and looking at my bank balance I'd be better off on the dole.

I'll be thirty in a quarter of a year, and I do wish I had my life more together. Or, together at all. Of course, I like to think that I can look forward to my thirties as the decade when I will get my life together, and get a proper job. Something I like. Maybe, possibly, perhaps, someday someone will pay me for something I like doing. Not likely, really, but there's a small chance.

Anyway, I found my first grey hair last week. On a happier note, however, I've recently noticed that most of my friends look better than they did five years ago. I would like to think that I do, too, but I don't know. I look older, but I think I work with what the baby Jesus gave me better than I did in my early 20s.

A guy I know from school did Pharmacy in college, set up his own pharmacy in Galway and worked like a dog all through his 20s. I used to look at him and go "man, you're wasting your youth"
I, on the other hand, spent my 20s making up songs, practising in Applerock, trying to get recordings together, and breaking my heart playing in shitholes to no audience at all (or damn near).
Now he's sold his pharmacy and he no longer has to work cos he's a multi-millionaire.

egg_ said:
A guy I know from school did Pharmacy in college, set up his own pharmacy in Galway and worked like a dog all through his 20s. I used to look at him and go "man, you're wasting your youth"
I, on the other hand, spent my 20s making up songs, practising in Applerock, trying to get recordings together, and breaking my heart playing in shitholes to no audience at all (or damn near).
Now he's sold his pharmacy and he no longer has to work cos he's a multi-millionaire.

Fair play, but he could be miserable as fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back