Getting rid of CDs (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
anyone done a big purge lately? A mate of mine did but he said he just dumped everything. I'd be more inclined to find a better home for whatever I decide to cull.

Do charity shops take CDs?

*a lot of the CDs I'll be getting rid of are YOUR bands.

@GARYXKNIFEDX and @ernesto, CDs are boxed up. You'll be getting a couple of hundred each.

will have to organise to get them to you. Let me know what suits.

Gary, I am over the M50 every once in a while. I can meet you in a car park somewhere and do a dodgy handover. Whatever suits.

I've no problem travelling for a bunch of free music.
Let me know what suits.

@GARYXKNIFEDX and @ernesto, CDs are boxed up. You'll be getting a couple of hundred each.
Did you ever post what you were offloading?

I bought about 8 or so really good quality stuff for 6 quid in the Vincents on George St. Constellation, Warp, Rollers/Skaters... one of youse?

Mad to be getting rid of cds... they are the one thing guaranteed to retain or increase in value as the last physical digital media.

I bought about 8 or so really good quality stuff for 6 quid in the Vincents on George St. Constellation, Warp, Rollers/Skaters... one of youse?

Mad to be getting rid of cds... they are the one thing guaranteed to retain or increase in value as the last physical digital media.
most CDs will never be worth shit again! Unless you know different?? but they still have their place.
and rettucs is moving house.

I have loads of music magazines I don't want but being a hundred miles from Dublin even if offered to pay someone's petrol to collect them I doubt I'd get any takers.
and also a large amount of records / CDs and tapes that very few people in Ireland will ever want and it will be a problem to dispose of it all when I'm gone....

I still buy CDs regularly and have nearly twice as many of CDs as LPs.
I recently got the Repo Man CD soundtrack for 16 Euro ppd. it would cost three times that for any vinyl pressing.
still not into downloading music.

most CDs will never be worth shit again! Unless you know different?? but they still have their place.
and rettucs is moving house.

I have loads of music magazines I don't want but being a hundred miles from Dublin even if offered to pay someone's petrol to collect them I doubt I'd get any takers.
and also a large amount of records / CDs and tapes that very few people in Ireland will ever want and it will be a problem to dispose of it all when I'm gone....

I still buy CDs regularly and have nearly twice as many of CDs as LPs.
I recently got the Repo Man CD soundtrack for 16 Euro ppd. it would cost three times that for any vinyl pressing.
still not into downloading music.

Most yes, and most vinyl for that matter.

But plenty will retain some sort of value. Of course most though - look at the amount of shit that's been released since the history of recorded music.

Not into the streaming myself unless yt counts.

CDs are the way to go. I think they are going to be big.

As an adjacent point, a friend of mine said dvd/blu ray sales went up last year.

He said the reason for this was [possibly] people getting fed up of streaming sites [such as Mubi] only hosting films for a limited time period, and then when they sit down to finally watch it, the thing they were looking for is gone. He also threw in the possibility of people having dvds and blu rays for having guests over [uh, not something I can personally relate to] and it reduces the whole decision paralysis.

Like the music thing, I have downloaded stuff in the past, but in the last few years I'vejust been exhausting the range of dvds/blu-rays available on the nationwide library database. Hardly streamed a show in my life either, but don't really bother with TV except for occasional episodes of Eastenders, Only Fools & Horses etc.

I just don't have space for them. I was pushing it as it was, and now we're downsizing so its not possible to keep them all. In saying that, I'm holding on to a few hundred for myself.

Never listed them, no. That would take ages and I didn't really spend that long sorting them. Basically just picked out the ones I wanted to keep (mostly for nostalgia reasons) and boxed up the rest. But its 35 years or so of the shite I've been buying. A lot of it is very decent but there is an amount of shite in there too.

The 2 lads better not judge me, or worse still, out me!

I just don't have space for them. I was pushing it as it was, and now we're downsizing so its not possible to keep them all. In saying that, I'm holding on to a few hundred for myself.

Never listed them, no. That would take ages and I didn't really spend that long sorting them. Basically just picked out the ones I wanted to keep (mostly for nostalgia reasons) and boxed up the rest. But its 35 years or so of the shite I've been buying. A lot of it is very decent but there is an amount of shite in there too.

The 2 lads better not judge me, or worse still, out me!

I dumped the cases and held onto the CDs and inlay cards in a couple of those wallet yokes.
I had had a couple of clear outs prior to that though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back