Getting rid of CDs (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
anyone done a big purge lately? A mate of mine did but he said he just dumped everything. I'd be more inclined to find a better home for whatever I decide to cull.

Do charity shops take CDs?

*a lot of the CDs I'll be getting rid of are YOUR bands.

anyone done a big purge lately? A mate of mine did but he said he just dumped everything. I'd be more inclined to find a better home for whatever I decide to cull.

Do charity shops take CDs?

*a lot of the CDs I'll be getting rid of are YOUR bands.

I gave away my massive 400+ CD wallet a number of years ago....... before 2 massive hard drive failures.
Mega mega sad faces

My music 'collection' is now about 50 records and whatever is saved on Bandcamp.

Please an I have a rake of CDs?

I bought a Sony tape/CD radio ghetto-blaster type thing in D.I.D. a few years ago. A small one that you'd put in a kitchen. I got it specifically for tapes but when it came around to using it I realised that I stopped buying tapes/started buying CDs in 1991. So my tape collection reflects the stuff I liked before I was 16. ie: mostly shite. But still good to have the option. Have been meaning to look at tape separates to integrate with my other music playing bits and bobs.

I never stopped buying demos at least. And was pretty late to cd's a lot of things have since been reissued on vinyl, but I'd rather not feel the need to buy again

I gave away my massive 400+ CD wallet a number of years ago....... before 2 massive hard drive failures.
Mega mega sad faces

My music 'collection' is now about 50 records and whatever is saved on Bandcamp.

Please an I have a rake of CDs?
ha, sorry for your troubles. Will see.

I never stopped buying demos at least. And was pretty late to cd's a lot of things have since been reissued on vinyl, but I'd rather not feel the need to buy again

the ease of burning stuff to cd in a band was always class.

many's a crap attempt at graphic design in the process on home made sleeves

getting stamps made.

this was my highlight - that octopus made it onto a t-shirt that was significantly more popular than any band I've ever been in.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

should we start a thumped CD freecycle?

I wouldn't be selling anything. Anyone who wants stuff can have it. And my music collection is unlikely to be as impressive as a lot of others on here.

Thumped swap meet.

It will just degenerate into an argument about britpop, but would be fun up until that point

any valuable/collectible CDs there?
i have a press preview copy of 'white ladder', will pay for my nursing home fees when i'm in my 80s, i'll bet.
dunno actually. I have a Redneck Manifesto CD that some lad used to come on here once in a while and ask if anyone had a spare copy of. Said he was willing to pay $$$

I need a half decent tape deck. Currently using an old Walkman hooked up to my stereo.

One of the nerd youtubers was doing a bit a while back on how there is only one manufacturer of tape mechanism still operating.

So no matter what a new tape machine says on the front of it, it's the same mechanicals on the inside.

The upshot of this is that your money is better spent on possibly on peak tape era refurbs as the one on the market now is the default one you got in a shit walkman back in the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back