Getting rid of CDs (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
anyone done a big purge lately? A mate of mine did but he said he just dumped everything. I'd be more inclined to find a better home for whatever I decide to cull.

Do charity shops take CDs?

*a lot of the CDs I'll be getting rid of are YOUR bands.

perfect sound forever my friends

i.e. it'd be hassle to remove and get rid of the shelves which can't really be used for anything except CDs. though we've run out of storage for books... may get the thinking cap on

View attachment 15464

My living room is a very similar grey to what you have behind the stove there.

The amount of comments it drew when I said I was going with it/had first time visitors having a snoop when it was done. Drove me mad.

anyone done a big purge lately? A mate of mine did but he said he just dumped everything. I'd be more inclined to find a better home for whatever I decide to cull.

Do charity shops take CDs?

*a lot of the CDs I'll be getting rid of are YOUR bands.

not for the purists - but I de-boxed a pile of mine an put them in a one of them wallet along with the inlay cards.
still accessible (more so in fact), and less space taking up

are they easily arranged to take a photo of the spines in case there is anything useful in there? i.e. not thumped bands.
possibly but I'm not sure I'd out myself for liking some of the crap I do. I have to do a big sort. Like I'd estimate I have about 1.5k of the fuckers. I need to whittle that down by half, at least. When I get around to sorting it out I'll consider taking a pic and posting it.

not for the purists - but I de-boxed a pile of mine an put them in a one of them wallet along with the inlay cards.
still accessible (more so in fact), and less space taking up
this is a good idea. I wonder are the cases recyclable? But yeah, maybe I won't have to get rid of anything (other than thumped bands). Cheers for the suggestion

I need a half decent tape deck. Currently using an old Walkman hooked up to my stereo.
I bought a Sony tape/CD radio ghetto-blaster type thing in D.I.D. a few years ago. A small one that you'd put in a kitchen. I got it specifically for tapes but when it came around to using it I realised that I stopped buying tapes/started buying CDs in 1991. So my tape collection reflects the stuff I liked before I was 16. ie: mostly shite. But still good to have the option. Have been meaning to look at tape separates to integrate with my other music playing bits and bobs.

I also have a similar situation - as far as I know, the Simon Community shop on Camden Street takes in CD's, and I think I might sporadically drop some in (have so many) - as I know lots of people still buy CD's, and would be glad for someone else to enjoy them!
thank you. I am rarely up that part of town but now I have an excuse to go there.

i.e. it'd be hassle to remove and get rid of the shelves which can't really be used for anything except CDs. though we've run out of storage for books... may get the thinking cap on

View attachment 15464
I had a plan to cover every wall with shelves like those and fill them with vinyls and CDs. But I'm not single anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back