General Election 24th May (6 Viewers)

They should make him Minister for Education, Beverly Cooper Flynn Minister for Finance and Michael Lowry Minister for Environment.

Ha ha, and then Mary Harney Minister for Health! Ha ha ha! Oh, wait....

Jackie could be given a new Minister For Healy Rae, given how many of them are in politics. Every year, a new Healy Rae springs from his cap, fully-formed. He's the Kerryman Zeus. They'll need their own ministry if they keep reproducing at this rate.

Or they could make him Minister for Defense, and the new national anthem could be "We're all part of Jackie's army".

re bev, there's still the whole bankruptcy thing hanging over her.
that would be sweet.
RTE are chasing her for the cash - if she's declared bankrupt in June then she's ineligible for her Dáil seat. can't see her being part of anyone's stable government to be honest.

PS: The loss of Joe Higgins's seat is such a tragedy. I wonder if the ousting of McDowell and the non-election of Higgins is a grimmer sign than even the continuing reign of Fianna Fail, that everyone's just become a big fucking centre-right, muddled mess?
i dunno; that used to be my constituency, and as much as i like joe, i'd have been torn between voting for him and varadkar; getting another FG seat to boost the chances of a rainbow coalition vs. getting higgins back in would have been a tough choice.

i dunno; that used to be my constituency, and as much as i like joe, i'd have been torn between voting for him and varadkar; getting another FG seat to boost the chances of a rainbow coalition vs. getting higgins back in would have been a tough choice.
no contest

a FG led government needs someone like Joe Higgins on their back just as much as a FF led one.

Yeah, but that's all part of this swing toward the 'safe' centre, that we have to weigh up our choices and that no matter how much people want change, sometimes you're stuck voting for someone you don't necessarily admire just to keep someone else from getting the seat.

And couldn't he have got in on second preferences anyway?

the only election posters I've seen been taken down around here so far are green candidate dan boyle's; everyone else's are still up. guess if you lose your seat though, you'd probably want to get any reminders down as soon as possible... :(

jesus, JHR is on the telly now; FUCKING HELL.

anyone ever passed through his home town, kilgarvan? FUCKING HELL.

re bev, there's still the whole bankruptcy thing hanging over her.
that would be sweet.

Who's voting for her anyway? Surely she couldn't have given 'financial advice' to thousands, who then voted for her?

This country makes me absolutely sick. I'd love to speak to the people who think voting for criminals is a good thing and ask them their rationale.

The sickest thing for me is our electoral area - Dublin North West. I know there's some middle class areas that would to some extent explain the outcome, but Finglas and Ballymun make up a huge part of this area and I can't understand why the people in these areas wouldn't get up off their holes and vote for someone decent.

Varankar is a prick.

When asked for his advice in a local council matter, the reply was "Oh, that's nothing to do with me." Like, he was a councillor. Everything to do with him. Typical laziness expected.

Eveyone else replied with actual advice. Especially Joe H and Joan B ( a lousy Junior Minister, to be honest, but a great local politico).

But, what do you expect from a wall-eyed doctor.

The Prick. He won't get in the next time. Anyone I know who voted for the prick did so as an alternative to Fianna Fáil. Their logic astounds me.

i've heard varadkar is not a humble man.
he's only 28. i'd have guessed late 30s.
his da seems fine though, from the one time i met him.
and what i'd heard of burton was different from what you heard; that she was a good performer in the dail.

Who's voting for her anyway? Surely she couldn't have given 'financial advice' to thousands, who then voted for her?

This country makes me absolutely sick. I'd love to speak to the people who think voting for criminals is a good thing and ask them their rationale.

The sickest thing for me is our electoral area - Dublin North West. I know there's some middle class areas that would to some extent explain the outcome, but Finglas and Ballymun make up a huge part of this area and I can't understand why the people in these areas wouldn't get up off their holes and vote for someone decent.

There are a lot of wealthy people in our area, Diddles. And they all voted to keep their pockets lined out of sheer greed (Okay, it's more than greed, but...). But you're right. The phleb doesn't vote as the sees it as a waste of time as the same cunts always get in. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

i've heard varadkar is not a humble man.
he's only 28. i'd have guessed late 30s.
his da seems fine though, from the one time i met him.
and what i'd heard of burton was different from what you heard; that she was a good performer in the dail.

Very good. But not a great minister. She was new to the job. But absolutely dreadful. Lack of experience, I suppose.

And re Fine Gael ruling out the Sinners.

McGuinness just shook hands with the Devil and Enda won't have anything to do with them.

Oirish politics is still so fucked up.

Swallow it, Enda.

Of course, he'd be ousted as leader within two hours if he even attempted it.

We've come a long way, huh?

Fianna Fail and the Greens = good numerically but I couldn't see it lasting.

Ignorant fuckers like Cowen will say that they don't need anyone to 'clean them up' and will resent such a combination.

Certain compromises would have to be made on both sides if it were to go ahead. Greens should get Transport and Environment plus a couple of junior positions. They could sort out that M3 fiasco too and re-route it through Noel Dempsey's mouth.

the only election posters I've seen been taken down around here so far are green candidate dan boyle's; everyone else's are still up. guess if you lose your seat though, you'd probably want to get any reminders down as soon as possible... :(

jesus, JHR is on the telly now; FUCKING HELL.

anyone ever passed through his home town, kilgarvan? FUCKING HELL.

I was heading to the cinema yesterday and saw people taking down Bernard Durkin signs on the roundabout off the M4 near Maynooth.

But they won't have the clout to stop the Shannon War-Flights.

And that's what 'll kill them.

That and, as you said, Cowen. He hates them.

And will more than likely succeed Bertie. Probably sooner rather than later.

And re Fine Gael ruling out the Sinners.

McGuinness just shook hands with the Devil and Enda won't have anything to do with them.

Oirish politics is still so fucked up.

Swallow it, Enda.

Of course, he'd be ousted as leader within two hours if he even attempted it.

We've come a long way, huh?

I don't want them in power either. The thing I possibly hated most about McDowell was that I disagreed with him about almost everything except his contempt for Sinn Fein.

I don't want them in power either. The thing I possibly hated most about McDowell was that I disagreed with him about almost everything except his contempt for Sinn Fein.

I thought he was a bit harsh and using inside information against them in public fora. If it's an official secret then it should remain so or be laid out for the public to make their minds up. That man always sailed too close to the wind re what can and can't be aired for security reasons. Which, to me, showed a supreme lack of judgement.

And, jasus, I wouldn't want them in power either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back