chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
and it's a thursday. hohum.

this really doesn't suit my travelling plans at all, bertie

i was planning on being awaaaay that week, but joe needs my vote.

Fianna Fail have been misspelling "Taoiseach" in their press releases. classy.

Are elections always on a Thursday or you mean that particular Thursday ur busy?

the last 2 general elections (when i was 12 and 17) were on fridays in May

the european, referednum on citizenship and local elections in 2004 were on a friday

the nice II this time get it right you stupid bastards or we will murder you all was on a saturday in November 2002 (my first time voting)

may i say, Fergus O'Dowd was very quick off the post with putting uup posters. yesterday evening around 7pm , there were no posters up on the ardee-drogheda road. this morning around half 9, he had a ton up, particularly around the rounbdabouts

the election was just called an hour or so before that

also interesting, Dominic Hannigan (Labour Meath East) had posters up on the ardee-Collon road (Louth)

Do all the fianna fail posters just have a dodgy pic of Bertie on them with the words "Bertie's Team" followed by the names of the candidates? Bit weird that.

Either vote for Maurice Quinlivan or Patricia Forde-Brennan.

I could kill off Niall Collins for you? He's a regular into the shop I work in so he'd be very easy to pick off :). He's an idiot anyway. We didn't get our delivery of Sunday Independants yesterday and he nearly started crying. You just know he now can't form any opinions on topics now because he didn't read his Indo.

Is it because the other fianna fail candidates look even more dishonest or are they hoping to get the bertie vote for all?

Hoping to ride on Berties coat-tails. The Collins guy who's really pulling out all the stops with flooding the place with posters has it pretty large on his poster even though he is only still a Councillor

Postergate: Ryan threatens to sue
BY DAVID HURLEY
FIANNA FAIL election candidate Noreen Ryan has threatened to sue any member of her own party who attempts to take down her election posters, which were erected this week but fail to comply with strict guidelines. The Castleconnell-based councillor sparked controversy within Fianna Fail when it emerged that she did not include the names of either of her Limerick East running mates, Willie O’Dea or Peter Power, on her posters.

This Thursday, Bernard Malee of the Fianna Fail press office confirmed that every one of the party’s candidates had been circulated with guidelines and templates regarding election posters. “We strongly urge all candidates in all constituencies to follow the recommendations strictly,” he said.

Party sources have confirmed that the guidelines stipulate that candidates should include the names of other Fianna Fail candidates, in their constituency, on their posters.

Speaking to the Limerick Leader, Cllr Ryan strongly defended her decision. “By the time I had the posters sent to the printers I did not have all of the details from head office. Irrespective of that they are mine, I paid for them out of my own pocket, nobody paid for them only me. Fianna Fail did not pay for them and I have complied with everything in the guideline booklet. A follow-on preference is on the posters so I don’t know who is doing the griping,” she said.

“Obviously there is some grievance from certain quarters but I paid for the posters, they are my property and if anybody touches them, particularly Fianna Fail, I will sue them. They did not pay for them, I did and in fact they did not fund one farthing of my campaign. The posters are my property and not Fianna Fail property,” she insisted.

Mr Malee would not comment on suggestions that party officials might be asked to take down the posters between now and the election. Neither Willie O’ Dea or Peter Power were willing to comment on the controversy.
21 April 2007

noreen ryan said:
“Obviously there is some grievance from certain quarters but I paid for the posters, they are my property and if anybody touches them, particularly Fianna Fail, I will sue them. They did not pay for them, I did and in fact they did not fund one farthing of my campaign. The posters are my property and not Fianna Fail property,” she insisted.
surely sticking them to lampposts obviates the fact that they are her private property?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back