General election 2020 (1 Viewer)

i am enjoying watching how many people (mainly 50s and older) are triggered so much by eamon ryan. and who believe that a sustained 7% cut in GHG emissions is an outrageously insane idea.

Ryan is a total gombeen as bad as any of the others that have been in government over the last 10 years, he's a total moron that only gives a shit about his own career and is totally clueless on the issues his party is meant to represent.
Greens need to get him the fuck out and put someone that actually gives a shit in charge, but hey that's not gonna happen cause of the party machine, which shows how much the party cares more about political positions over the environment.

I really don't understand the hate for Eamonn Ryan. Is it cos he put his foot in it with the culshies and the carpooling thing?
and to be fair, i think he was misquoted on that. would have to dig the quotes out, but something akin to 'car pooling would be a good idea in some rural villages' got turned into 'some loudmouth dub claims culchies should get by without cars' (i may be exaggerating the reactions a little there)

to be fair, i think the article that was written had a horrendous, misleading headline appended to it, which was not borne out by the content of the article, but by the time it was corrected, facts were not going to ruin a good outrage.

The guy is a fucking moron. Look at the state of the absolute shite he was talking at a time when people were worrying about their sick relatives.

Also every garden centre in the country was sold out within about three days of this, growing pages on facebook are mobbed, mid summer when people are getting glimpses of normality they will also be cutting their first home harvest. You might not like it but A: He is still in opposition and WHO are the govt till this shit ends, he cant just run in and say 'fucking great job leo, lets dance. B: it is still 100% the correct path as a green strategy.

You just hate him, you take his actions at face tabloid value and you love reminding people that we can only have FFG govt. You are the sharpest tool they have, the person who discourages any belief in an alternative worth talking about. I dont think he's amazing but i am not so idealistic that the only alternative future is a perfect one, you are the flag bearer FFG need the most at their lowest ebb in a century.

I think you are sound and all that but this is a broken record I've heard enough times to fuck against the wall.

Eamon Ryan is a huge liability to his party.
how is he still in the Dail at all ?
i'm going to bite my tongue and leave it at that.

this is what he was like as a minister:
BBC HARDtalk interview 2010 -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i watched this at the time and was very angry with him about this.
it's like he hoped no one in Ireland was watching.

Also every garden centre in the country was sold out within about three days of this, growing pages on facebook are mobbed, mid summer when people are getting glimpses of normality they will also be cutting their first home harvest. You might not like it but A: He is still in opposition and WHO are the govt till this shit ends, he cant just run in and say 'fucking great job leo, lets dance. B: it is still 100% the correct path as a green strategy.

You just hate him, you take his actions at face tabloid value and you love reminding people that we can only have FFG govt. You are the sharpest tool they have, the person who discourages any belief in an alternative worth talking about. I dont think he's amazing but i am not so idealistic that the only alternative future is a perfect one, you are the flag bearer FFG need the most at their lowest ebb in a century.

I think you are sound and all that but this is a broken record I've heard enough times to fuck against the wall.

LOL hardly. If the Greens had, for instance, Sorcha McHugh in charge, they'd be a much more useful party and it would imply that they actually gave a shit. They'd still get fuck all done in government with FFG of course.
The Northern Green Party has been half decent for a long while, funny enough they don't get fuck all votes.
If people voted for good politicians like some of the PBP Solidarity ones, all good. But they don't, for the most part they vote for the same old shit and people like Ruth Coppinger lose their seat despite being one of the only decent politicians in the country. They vote for gombeens because that lad went to school with my da or some such stupid shit.
It doesn't take sharp eyesight to see that Eamonn Ryan is a fuckwit in my opinion. He was already in a coalition government, and did fuck all. Sure bring him back in and watch him do fuck all again, grand. Doesn't take a psychic to know after the election results, FFG were gonna do whatever it took to make sure they got back into government again either. Varadkar and Martin would sell their grannies to be Taoiseach, which is again another bloody obvious statement.
An alternative worth talking about is supporting politicians like Sorcha McHugh and Ming Flanagan and RBB and Ruth Coppinger, not supporting career politician gombeens like Eamonn Ryan. He's just a different shade of shite.

LOL hardly. If the Greens had, for instance, Sorcha McHugh in charge, they'd be a much more useful party and it would imply that they actually gave a shit. They'd still get fuck all done in government with FFG of course.
The Northern Green Party has been half decent for a long while, funny enough they don't get fuck all votes.
If people voted for good politicians like some of the PBP Solidarity ones, all good. But they don't, for the most part they vote for the same old shit and people like Ruth Coppinger lose their seat despite being one of the only decent politicians in the country. They vote for gombeens because that lad went to school with my da or some such stupid shit.
It doesn't take sharp eyesight to see that Eamonn Ryan is a fuckwit in my opinion. He was already in a coalition government, and did fuck all. Sure bring him back in and watch him do fuck all again, grand. Doesn't take a psychic to know after the election results, FFG were gonna do whatever it took to make sure they got back into government again either. Varadkar and Martin would sell their grannies to be Taoiseach, which is again another bloody obvious statement.
An alternative worth talking about is supporting politicians like Sorcha McHugh and Ming Flanagan and RBB and Ruth Coppinger, not supporting career politician gombeens like Eamonn Ryan. He's just a different shade of shite.
her name is saoirse.

odd. even if i google sorcha mchugh, all the results are for saoirse.
still, doesn't say much if you don't even know the name of the person you're embiggening.

the funny thing is, i think saoirse mchugh represents the unelectable side of the green party, the illustration of 'the perfect is the enemy of the good' side, the members who will only consider government if they get everything their way, happier to remain in unsullied opposition than to get their hands dirty in government.
so i'd disagree with you wholeheartedly that she'd make the party more 'useful' if she was leader.

that said, i reckon she's a good ould skin.

re the greens not having done anything while they were in government, the biggest reform of the planning laws in the state happened under their watch.

So what you are saying, (which i said what you are saying is in the last post) that the only possible alternative is a perfect one. This is a fantasy on 2020 numbers, and I am talking about reality.

Just sit down with a pen and paper and write down exactly how you could possibly form a alternative govt in 2020 using the politicians that exist now that includes your hero Sorcha Ronan and doesn't include Eunan Ryan. If Sile McHugh, Lorcan 'flash' Fanagan, Ruth Dillinger and Richard Boyd Baroness were in office they would be more or less powerless unless every running green candidate across the country was returned because the dail also requires voting, so again you can have useless perfection of useful imperfection.

You'll find that the only possible alt govt in the reality we are living in includes imperfect politicians. Also I'd take 5 ER's before I'd look at anyone who has declared for ffg.

You look at where he's running, of the six seats that exist you've barely got 6 non establishment candidates worth returning, And if you want to support Sandra McHugh, then the best way to do that is make sure your local green gets returned.

I'll take my imperfect left, SR isn't in charge of the greens for now and probably wont be for a term or more - she kinda has to get elected to be any use apparently. As the GAA people say, you can only play what is in front of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back