General election 2020 (1 Viewer)

i've heard a few anecdotes of farmers heading out and using the lockdown to get away with things that might otherwise be spotted.
??

Here's the argument playing out right now

This of course being exact same ex minister* who I in person witnessed launching Ireland 2040 and saying (sic) 'that ireland would go from being a climate laggard to a climate leader'.

*the ministry is a joke anyways, you cant to climate action and communications, only one can be served.

i've heard a few anecdotes of farmers heading out and using the lockdown to get away with things that might otherwise be spotted.

Upsurge in tractors with construction materials buzzing about in the sticks here. On one had i think they are running off grid supply lines for rural builders, on the other hand if I was neck deep in a mortgage while paying rent waiting for my house to be built i'd probably not really be too concerned.

Upsurge in tractors with construction materials buzzing about in the sticks here. On one had i think they are running off grid supply lines for rural builders, on the other hand if I was neck deep in a mortgage while paying rent waiting for my house to be built i'd probably not really be too concerned.
You mean people are continuing to build while the lockdown is on?

Probably not the most dangerous activity tbh

i think dairy farming is the only sort of farming that can stand up on its own, but even then the profits have been severely impacted?
i think i read that on average, 90% of the income of beef suckler farmers is subsidies.

Ultimately, the solution for these people is always, eventually, genocide.

View attachment 13889

The factor in population growth is not death everyone will die anyway it is reproduction and birth. Actually it is those two things that would need to be controlled if a decrease in population size were to occur. Which would mean methods of birth control and family planning. Genocide would not be necessary or even a single murder for that matter. How many children people may have and at what point of time in their lives if at all is really what determines the growth and size of a population. There is probably even a population birth rate that doesn't either grow or diminish but just maintains itself. According to worldometer the current global population is 7.8 billion and in 1930 was 2 billion which means there has been an 8 fold increase in about a century. What are the consequence of certain size populations or their growth rate ? How many people even can actually live on Earth ? I think it's not necessarily an inhumane or irrational discussion to have although maybe a little besides the point of tackling climate change and of course could possibly be viewed as geopolitical or have historical associations.

The factor in population growth is not death everyone will die anyway it is reproduction and birth. Actually it is those two things that would need to be controlled if a decrease in population size were to occur. Which would mean methods of birth control and family planning. Genocide would not be necessary or even a single murder for that matter. How many children people may have and at what point of time in their lives if at all is really what determines the growth and size of a population.

There is probably even a population birth rate that doesn't either grow or diminish but just maintains itself. According to worldometer the current global population is 7.8 billion and in 1930 was 2 billion which means there has been an 8 fold increase in about a century. What are the consequence of certain size populations or their growth rate ? How many people even can actually live on Earth ? I think it's not necessarily an inhumane or irrational discussion to have although maybe a little besides the point of tackling climate change and of course could possibly be viewed as geopolitical or have historical associations.

Dunno man, how are they living? I'd say the earth could easily handle 100 billion people if they didn't all insist on living with air conditioning on full and having massive armies flying all over the world.

It's all very well going "this is a rational discussion that must be had" as if context doesn't exist or as if a "rational" discussion is ever had about population levels, somehow it's always the poor who end up being punished when the conversation does happen - being blamed for having too many children. It happened to the Irish in the past and now it happens to people from anywhere in Africa as long as they have dark skin.

What are the consequence of certain size populations or their growth rate ? How many people even can actually live on Earth ? I think it's not necessarily an inhumane or irrational discussion to have
I don't think it's an inhumane or irrational discussion either, FWIW, but it is a kind of futile one. There's not really any way to get reliable answers to the questions you're asking, and even if there was, what then?

Current estimates put global population to peak and fall by 2100 at 10 billion.

I don't see the words "climate change" anywhere in that piece though so it's probably way off.

Gonna straight up say it though: if you are seriously, genuinely worried about overpopulation you're either a racist or being fooled by a racist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back