General election 2020 (3 Viewers)

EVe0C--WAAApQdm

Oh wow, it's almost as if I'm psychic
This guy was also on the ball way back in February

What are the chances that FFG realise this is an existential issue and steal some of SF's clothes like Johnson is trying to do in the UK's north?
Get the Greens in

I don't know what that would look like - but committing to build more housing, increase the pace of Slainte Care, some big giveaway on childcare, would be a start

I mean this has had to have occurred to them

(surely they'll include the housing at some point - ha)

point 5??? of their agreement document or whatever it was yesterday probably refers to housing.
Definitely see this as progress

Thatcher's biggest victory was moving the centre all the way to the right
This last election we have has moved ours toward a more real representation of what people want - even FFG have heard the message

There'll be fucking carnage in country constituencies when more & more people see them as one party

Re FFG housing:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The mind boggles every time I hear a news report saying that the Greens will be in power, immediately followed by "the farmers won't like that" or some shit. I bet there are plenty of farmers on board with The Green Party.

The mind boggles every time I hear a news report saying that the Greens will be in power, immediately followed by "the farmers won't like that" or some shit. I bet there are plenty of farmers on board with The Green Party.

Green Party = More Taxes

Farmers don't like taxes

Bit of a gross simplification there but that's just the kind of guy I am, gross and simple

It's the gross and simple argument that wins elections though isnt it. I think you'd have to completely remake Irish society to get around it, and I think we should!

It's the gross and simple argument that wins elections though isnt it. I think you'd have to completely remake Irish society to get around it, and I think we should!
Yep

Beliefs that need to be eradicated

FF/FG = the only "adults in the room"

All "Leftists" = Loons/Marxist/Communists - just want free money

Everyone else = wasting their time

Green Party = More Taxes

Farmers don't like taxes

Bit of a gross simplification there but that's just the kind of guy I am, gross and simple
That's not a simplification, it's just utterly wrong. Most farmers are partly or entirely funded by tax money. Small farmers tend to be wary of Greens because they think their subsidies will be cut, and big ones because they're afraid they'll have to change their farming practices (e.g. reduce herd size or herbicide use)

That's not a simplification, it's just utterly wrong. Most farmers are partly or entirely funded by tax money. Small farmers tend to be wary of Greens because they think their subsidies will be cut, and big ones because they're afraid they'll have to change their farming practices (e.g. reduce herd size or herbicide use)
So most farmers are in favour of taxes like, say, a carbon tax?

Im pretty sure having farmers’ subsidies cut has the same outcome as farmers paying more taxes.

So how can therealjohnny’s statement be ‘utterly wrong’ if it’s essentially the same thing?

They don't like paying taxes

sheesh

Exactly (eggsactly?)
The greens will want to stick some rules on the herds and a bunch of other stuff like the hedgerow cutting.

Farmers hate rules and being told what to do more than anything, even paying taxes.

That's why they hopped all over Ryan's shared car thing - it's the perfect encapsulation for them; rules from Dublin that won't work rurally, by ivory towered composting gobshites.
Which basically describes any plan that doesn't involve them getting money from Brussels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back