Fuzzy wuzzy (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
Recommend me a fuzz pedal, geektarists.

I'm not gone on the Big Muff.

Anyone know anything about this fella:

5179MSBHRKL._AA280_.jpg

the blue box has a weird random subsynth going on, fun... but sort of a one trick thing...

there's plenty of SSSIIIIIZZZZZZ in a big muff, thing about fuzz pedals IMHO is that they rely to a huge ammount on how yr amp is set up, any ammount of drive on the amp will make a fuzz pedal sound all shitty and lose all the tight square wave fizz

I hope you weren't judging the big muff souly from that DI'd bass the other night

Did we put it through your muff? I thought it was a different pedal. I like the bass through the muff, actually. Maybe I just need to try it out a bit more with a guitar. Fierce clunky though innit?

We did for a bit. Prolly better to use the russian on bass (so the story goes).

Clunky? I find it smooth as bejimmers on guitar. Deadly for solos on a clean single coil neck pick up. Sustaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain.

ignore 'em mike. i'm with you on the big muff. class pedal but the sound is every where. i use it on bass all the time though.

i've heard great things about the mxr jimmy hendrix yoke. i've a blue box and the main issue with it is it's lack of output. your signal actually drops off. i found this mod online, which i did to it and it just about brings the pedal output to parity with your clean signal. it's fun though. and not expensive. i'll bring it into work next week.

if you have the means i'd recommend a zvex fuzz factory. it goes from mad scratchy to schmooove.... it only likes clean amps and you need to spend time with it. i don't use mine with mound cause my amp is overdriven all the time. i did some recording with it into ian's fender and it sounded AMAZING. i'll lend you mine too, see how you go.

boss have a new fuzz too, bound to be half decent. the FZ 5 i think its called. and there are usually fuzz faces on ebay.

the best fuzz i reckon is an octavia,the sound out of a vintage one is amazing i have a 70's one and it puts all other fuzz pedals to shame,other fuzz pedals that are amazing are the colorsound fuzz pedals,again the older the pedal the better they are.All new colorsound just aint as good but saying that are still brilliant.just google them and you will see what im talkin about.

!ninjaaaa

ignore 'em mike. i'm with you on the big muff. class pedal but the sound is every where. i use it on bass all the time though.

i've heard great things about the mxr jimmy hendrix yoke. i've a blue box and the main issue with it is it's lack of output. your signal actually drops off. i found this mod online, which i did to it and it just about brings the pedal output to parity with your clean signal. it's fun though. and not expensive. i'll bring it into work next week.

if you have the means i'd recommend a zvex fuzz factory. it goes from mad scratchy to schmooove.... it only likes clean amps and you need to spend time with it. i don't use mine with mound cause my amp is overdriven all the time. i did some recording with it into ian's fender and it sounded AMAZING. i'll lend you mine too, see how you go.

boss have a new fuzz too, bound to be half decent. the FZ 5 i think its called. and there are usually fuzz faces on ebay.

Hey Mark that'd be fantastic if I could get a borrow of it, I've a bit of a phobia of asking in guitar shops to try out gear, and there's never enough time to get the feel of a pedal.

Thanks to all you other guys as well!

Explain? You mean it's too distinctive and you hear it everywhere? Or its everywhere "man"

you can pick it out handy enough. lots of people use the pedal. nothing wrong with that. i guess it's like anthony and the fonts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back