European and local elections 2024 (10 Viewers)

I don't think it was great or anything - There should have been a lab/socdem in there because it'd have been a closer representation of the european parliament that is currently in place rather than a representation of who we have there at the minute.
I thought Luke Ming came across well.
Casey was just sorta hamming it and looked like a bit of a yesterday's man - that shtick was something different last time round but this time the questions are so much more serious he looked like he was swinging in the dark - but the trump heads still like to lick his balls so who knows.

I don't know how the fuck you would actually put all 27 on one TV screen and make it of any value to anyone, that said I thought it was short considering it's importance.

Casey was just sorta hamming it and looked like a bit of a yesterday's man - that shtick was something different last time round but this time the questions are so much more serious he looked like he was swinging in the dark - but the trump heads still like to lick his balls so who knows.

Saw a clip of him talking over McHugh on her time and her telling him to pipe down basically.

I don't think it was great or anything - There should have been a lab/socdem in there because it'd have been a closer representation of the european parliament that is currently in place rather than a representation of who we have there at the minute.
I thought Luke Ming came across well.

I don't know how the fuck you would actually put all 27 on one TV screen and make it of any value to anyone, that said I thought it was short considering it's importance.

Saw a clip of him talking over McHugh on her time and her telling him to pipe down basically.

Way too many candidates for a panel.
Constantly talking over each other. Stuck about 5 mins of it. Any more would make me want to wander into traffic

according to the irish times poll recently, the anti-immigration sentiment was too fractured and scattered between too many candidates to threaten seats.
"late swings of support in the election campaign can be expected. But for now, the data suggest that whatever support there is for anti-migration candidates, it is scattered among too many candidates to give any of them sufficient momentum to challenge for a seat. Many anti-migrant or far-right candidates are attracting just 1 or 2 per cent support, with many showing at less than 1 per cent, the polls show."

according to the irish times poll recently, the anti-immigration sentiment was too fractured and scattered between too many candidates to threaten seats.
"late swings of support in the election campaign can be expected. But for now, the data suggest that whatever support there is for anti-migration candidates, it is scattered among too many candidates to give any of them sufficient momentum to challenge for a seat. Many anti-migrant or far-right candidates are attracting just 1 or 2 per cent support, with many showing at less than 1 per cent, the polls show."

Diluted indie votes always the same.

I just looked at that and they aren't doing their transfer maths properly - count 4-5 will spill 5-10%* into either Aontú or That ex RTE loon.

*5-10% of their numbers

1716373507900.png

considerations

FF three way split will make their first across the line take a few layers of elimnations
FG numbers don't seem realistic after debate, could be a two layer count to get one.
By that time the indie right wingers will have bumped at least one loon into the race

something like

Ming *count 1/2
FG* count 3/4
FF* count 4/6

at this point the bottom 5-10% bottom feeders leaving the party have

Mullooly/SF/FF/FG/Toibín running for the last two seats and every elimnation is likely to transfer right at that stage

Last edited:
Got a leaflet in the post box from a new party called 'Rabharta' and I guess it's a sign of the times that my reaction was 'this must be some other new right wing crowd'; but I was wrong. It's the party who split off from the GP, I'd just forgotten what they'd called themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back