European and local elections 2024 (2 Viewers)

I'm ok with the posters in general but agree that multiple posters are uncalled for. I mean multiple posters at the same site. One poster each, fair.

Posters are bit of a side issue. There's a chance of having 20% of the parliament filled up with people living in the 'maybe hitler was ok' mentality or there's a chance of a reasonable enough environmentally/humanitarian bias here - we can talk about coroboard later on no doubt

I'm ok with the posters in general but agree that multiple posters are uncalled for. I mean multiple posters at the same site. One poster each, fair.
yeah, i passed eight telegraph poles in a row earlier, each with the same poster (regina doherty) on it. i guess it's easier for the lads putting up the posters...

Ye know what i mean though - It's not one of those idle euro elections, it's possibly the big one that matters - I always like thumped to get a sense of these things.

My own reading so far (I read a lot)

Incumbents are idle enough in traction even with PR in systems in motion
Scattering of lefties making some impact so far - Particularly ming/saoirse
Right/hard right absolutely 100% thundering along with braindead populism so far - they have the advantage in the election of not having to prove anything they say so long as it's 3-4 words.

I need to take a look at the big shows soon Germany/france etc...

Election posters....The is the GOAT.

1.-Clifford-T-Reid.png

Although he didn't get elected.

i dunno.
yes, i agree there'd be clear benefits to that; but i think it'd benefit the likes of FF, FG, SF more than other smaller parties or candidates. and i think it's a sign of how politically engaged the irish are compared to some other countries. years ago i was talking to someone visiting ireland (can't remember who it was so i can't say for certain where they were from!) who remarked that it was great, as an outsider, to see all the posters because where they were from you'd barely know there was an election happening.
Unless you saw all the ones from the racist guy in Kilkenny.
No way there should be posters.
What is the point of the mug shots?
Maybe bulletin pointing some policies would be a better use of the space.

Things have been fairly quiet in terms of the "nationalist" parties putting up posters around here, and even in my LEA elections the closest thing to a ratlicker running is someone from Collins' crew.

But I was in Blanch for work this morning.

Fucking hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back