European and local elections 2024 (9 Viewers)

Now she is Xposé-ing the globalists.
Wow, that article was the first time I’ve warmed to the Healy Raes.

Also, fell down bit of an Aisling O’Loughlin rabbit hole. She’s a flat earther now.

No one every asked God what their pronouns are...
Assuming God is a fella, which he is, because he's got a beard, does that mean he's got a cock too?

And assuming he DOES have a cock, (since he's a fella, discussed above) what kind of cock are we talking about here? As a god, he's hardly going to have some sort of vestigial useless kind of thing, it's probably going to be a fine, fully functioning body part.

Which leads us to the important question, who is he riding? Or does he just... take care of those urges by himself? God's hand? Does God have a few partners, or just one? Are they his wife? Is he 100% straight?

Like, *100* percent? Is he sure?

I'd like some clarification from any senior clergy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's kinda what i've been seeing too. I don't think it's smart, but i do see it working.
Far right running about with one liners that make no fucking sense but appeal to people.
Left/centres not getting in on the american style populisms
FF stepping a bit right the past week to try and seem to stand for something and to get some of that action.

I kinda only see Ming/Saoirse making public inroads in not so much being left, but being realists.

excerpt from full article-->
An Irish Freedom Party European candidate uses a fake name to run a rent pressure zone Airbnb in a converted office space for almost €1,000 a week.

Michael Leahy – who says he’s “passionate” about “making it affordable for people to access the housing market” – operates the short-term let in Ennis, county Clare.

I've only answered the door to one so far but was in the middle of a meeting so that was a short conversation.

If I do get another at the door, i was thinking of asking them 'would you support the introduction of a turn left on red system for cyclists' just to see if they can think on their feet.

any useful questions you have which might show how much thought they've given to the topic? i.e. which will prevent them from waffling or restating party manifestos?

I kinda only see Ming/Saoirse making public inroads in not so much being left, but being realists.
Saoirse is not a realist

Saoirse said:
I want to go to Europe to fight for a better future for all of us. A future where we all have brilliant public services, high quality and affordable food, clean water, good jobs, warm homes, and more leisure time to enjoy

Look, all any of us want is the rest of lives to be amazing, but surely a former Green realises that our resources are limited

Saoirse is not a realist

Look, all any of us want is the rest of lives to be amazing, but surely a former Green realises that our resources are limited

Are they? Maybe we have more than enough high quality arable land which is heavily tied up in beef, we spend billions on roads and not billions on sustainable transport and we throw endless piles of money at contractors on public projects for jobs for the boys. I don't think one MEP changes the parliament, but I do think one MEP who aspires to these things is 100% more useful than a neolib or a populist facist. That person being in the room makes it a point of discussion, and thats what she's saying she'll do.

I work in the civil service and the office is fairly strict on us being apolitical but if they knock on your door it’s a different story.
I’ve a list of questions for both candidate groups, which means there’s probably no hope of anyone knocking while I’m in.

Are they? Maybe we have more than enough high quality arable land which is heavily tied up in beef, we spend billions on roads and not billions on sustainable transport and we throw endless piles of money at contractors on public projects for jobs for the boys. I don't think one MEP changes the parliament, but I do think one MEP who aspires to these things is 100% more useful than a neolib or a populist facist.
Yes, our resources absolutely are limited. How on earth are Saoirse's aspirations going to improve the state's project management skills?

Look, her heart is in the right place, and if she went to Brussels and put her head down and worked with people to get shit done (like Ming has done) then by the next election cycle she'd know her shit and be a force to be reckoned with, but a lot of her rhetoric suggests to me that she's neither practical nor a team player, which means she'd be useless

yesterday in the mailbox there was a bundle of leaflets from the Ireland is full crowd and a single clare daly leaflet. These were all folded over and had been pushed in together. so presumably a leafletting service was used.

So the one thing the right and left can agree on is zero hours contracted immigrants delivering their materials.

there's hope yet.

... though, as you say - if someone is choosing between her and a neolib and a fascist then she's probably a better choice
If she's
yesterday in the mailbox there was a bundle of leaflets from the Ireland is full crowd and a single clare daly leaflet. These were all folded over and had been pushed in together. so presumably a leafletting service was used.

So the one thing the right and left can agree on is zero hours contracted immigrants delivering their materials.

there's hope yet.

I had the exact same thing, and they were all the same type except the Green Parties one, which was 3 times the size of the rest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back