Euro 2008 (1 Viewer)

I hope not.
Bar Turkey I think all the teams are fairly evenly matched. The Germans, Spanish, Dutch & Italians are soft-centred but the likes of Croatia, Portugal and Russia have no discernable strikers. It's cute.
yeah turkey are fucked, they seemed to get everyone suspended for this game. they'll struggle without aurelio cos he's the only one who doesn't do comedy tackles...but then again, if they score more goals, etc...

i hope germany do portugal, i really, really do.

so, fancy dan teams ran away with the group stages, out of the 8 teams left, 6 are flair based pansies. it should be great for the european game, but it has germany 0-0 italy, with germany winning it on penalties written all over it, doesn't it?

how would ireland have done? any worse than the czechs?

Hey, leave my Czechs alone. They lost Nedved. Rosicky is injured. And poor Petr Cech has been through the ringer and is perhaps a bit gun shy. They'll be back, World Cup 2010, just you wait and see.

Hey, leave my Czechs alone. They lost Nedved. Rosicky is injured. And poor Petr Cech has been through the ringer and is perhaps a bit gun shy. They'll be back, World Cup 2010, just you wait and see.
eh, ringer? or wringer? cos one you only find at a s and m disco.

regardless of who was there and who wasn't. they were shit, and they took our place. no, granted, we were shit. really, really shit, but so were austria. if our boys played like austria, we would be there, assuming we didn't have the swedish chef in charge of the team. so many if's and hans jorg butts.

low will be high in the stands for that one. i wonder will it have any bearing. oliver bierhoff is gonna have to square up to big phil.

I don't think the Germans will miss Yogi Love that much. He seems more interested in checking himself out than looking at the match. I 'LOL'd when he got sent off and returned to the bench to pick up his blazer and sling it over his shoulder a la Brian Ferry.
I can't remember the guy's name but it's nice to see the Germans have a bearded centre-half. The big tournaments are nothing without bearded centre-halves!

I don't think the Germans will miss Yogi Love that much. He seems more interested in checking himself out than looking at the match. I 'LOL'd when he got sent off and returned to the bench to pick up his blazer and sling it over his shoulder a la Brian Ferry.
I can't remember the guy's name but it's nice to see the Germans have a bearded centre-half. The big tournaments are nothing without bearded centre-halves!
christophe metzelder, of plucky real madrid. the beard is sadly missed in international football. i'm sure we all fondly recall the hungarian teams of 82 and 86, although i can't find any pictures of them. the tache is also dead, except on thorsten "thomas" Frings. do you think jimmy magee read the first three letters of thorsten's first name and got bored?

more beards i say. can you picture steven gerrard with a face rug?

eh, ringer? or wringer? cos one you only find at a s and m disco.

regardless of who was there and who wasn't. they were shit, and they took our place. no, granted, we were shit. really, really shit, but so were austria. if our boys played like austria, we would be there, assuming we didn't have the swedish chef in charge of the team. so many if's and hans jorg butts.

Obviously, I meant wringer, as in "put someone through the wringer informal subject someone to a very stressful experience."

The Czechs and Austria did take Ireland's place. If I can't blame who wasn't there for how the Czechs played then surely you can't blame Stauton for Ireland not even qualifying.

i'm sure we all fondly recall the hungarian teams of 82 and 86, although i can't find any pictures of them. [ ] jimmy magee [ ]
more beards i say. can you picture steven gerrard with a face rug?

Igor Belanov-USA 1994...writhing in agony on the deck after getting the ball full-force in the nuts...or as Our Jimmy put it:
" Private matter on public view...and when I say public view, I mean 82,000 capacity here in the Pontiac Silverdrome, home of the Detroid Lions."

Obviously, I meant wringer, as in "put someone through the wringer informal subject someone to a very stressful experience."

The Czechs and Austria did take Ireland's place. If I can't blame who wasn't there for how the Czechs played then surely you can't blame Stauton for Ireland not even qualifying.
i blame bertie ahern.

Igor Belanov-USA 1994...writhing in agony on the deck after getting the ball full-force in the nuts...or as Our Jimmy put it:
" Private matter on public view...and when I say public view, I mean 82,000 capacity here in the Pontiac Silverdrome, home of the Detroid Lions."

Igor Belanov wasn't still playing in '94 was he? Surely not.

Heh. Check out his tenure as Chairman of FC Random Swiss Club.

Belanov turned to business after finishing his playing career. He returned to prominence when he became the majority shareholder at Switzerland’s FC Wil football club, in August 2003. His predecessor as chairman of FC Wil, the banker Andreas Hafen, had been given a five years imprisonment sentence after embezzling 51 million Swiss francs ($40 million) from the UBS Bank. Belanov’s first move at Wil was replacing Wil’s first-team manager Martin Andermatt with his former Dynamo Kyiv team-mate Aleksandr Zavarov, not taking note of the fact that Zavarov lacked the necessary UEFA licence to manage a European top-division outfit. That circumstance forced Belanov to sign the former FC Karl-Marx-Stadt manager Joachim Müller. Due to the appointment of Müller, Zavarov’s job was officially described as director of football. Müller did not last long as coach however, Belanov sacked him just after three months to replace him with Tomas Matejcek. Matejcek’s strict training regiment caused a quick revolt among the FC Wil players. This forced Belanov to make amend for his decisions and to re-appoint Joachim Müller as Wil’s manager, and hand the assistant-manager role to the former Switzerland goalkeeper Stephan Lehmann. That turned out to have been Belanov’s last series of actions as Wil’s major shareholder. In a quick sequence he pulled out of his chairman and shareholder role of the Swiss side

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back