7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
Ed Hamell was talking about this at his gig the other night.

John Cusack with a few pounds on might be a better look but he's already way too old.
Should be interesting to see how it develops anyway.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2008/aug/19/1
In brief: Russell Crowe may play Bill Hicks

Plus: cast announced for new Coen brothers film, and Ricky Gervais plans an Office-style film about building society workers

crowehicks460.jpg
Born to play the part ... Russell Crowe and Bill Hicks. Photograph: Evan Agostini / Getty and Everett Collection / Rex Features

Russell Crowe is considering starring as Bill Hicks in a biopic of the late, great US comic, according to Empire online. Crowe was due to star as a good Sheriff of Nottingham in Ridley Scott's Nottingham, but that project has been delayed until at least spring by concerns over a possible actors' strike and a likely deficit in the greenness of Sherwood forest's leaves over the period in which the movie was initially due to be filmed. New Zealand writer Mark Staufer is currently working on a draft script for a film about the life of Hicks, a controversial figure in the States who gained a huge cult following in the UK before his death from pancreatic cancer at the age of just 32.
Relatively unknown actors Richard Kind and Michael Stuhlbarg will star in The Coen brothers' next film, A Serious Man, according to Variety. They will play brothers in the 1967-set feature, which is described as a black comedy. The story centres on a Midwestern professor (Stuhlbarg) whose wife leaves him at the same time as his socially inept brother (Kind) is refusing to move out of the house. Kind is best known for his role in the TV show Spin City, opposite Michael J Fox, while Gopnik is a Tony-nominated stage actor. Another Coen black comedy, Burn After Reading, hits UK cinemas on October 17.
Ricky Gervais is to return to the style of his breakthrough TV show, The Office, with the self-penned film The Men at the Pru, according to The Independent. Gervais has written the screenplay with long-term partner Stephen Merchant about two twentysomething building society clerks working in Reading, which is the actor's home town. Gervais wrote on his blog: "Did a bit of scouting for The Men at the Pru. Filming won't start 'til next May or June but locations can really inspire. I've also been reading books about my home town of Reading. That's where the HQ of the Prudential Building Society was in the 70s." There's no word yet on casting for the film, although Gervais will be involved on screen in some form.

hmm, really can't think of anyone good enough to play hicks. i can see them picking some cunt like adam sandler tho.

Hi, I only read Chuck Palahniuk and Hunter S.Thompsion and my favourite comedien is Bill Hicks.

I am the most annoying kind of person in the world

I like never thought about religion like, at all, until bill hicks talked about it. That's why I go on about him as if he's Jesus.

I'd love to make a sarcastic comment about idiots who think Bill Hicks was a great comedian but I'm too busy sucking Heath Ledger's dead cock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back