Bill Hicks Movie (1 Viewer)

You can't really blame the dead guy for a bunch of douchebags quoting his material like it's the bible.
who? jesus?

dya reckon hicks would have continued to be angry, his whole fucking life? it got really boring.

Constantly dismissing things/people just because they're popular is what's really boring.

And towards the end of his life Hicks' material was less angry/aggerssive. It was more despairing than angry.

I think people forget that a lot of Hicks' rants contained a hint of hope and actual warmth too. I guess they just get him mixed up with Denis Leary. Who's just a dick.

im going to be having lunch all week in the shebeen chic chewing with my mouth open and speaking in txt talk to my friend.
ill probably reference a dennis leary joke during our lunch even though it was a bill hicks original.

This thread is making me dizzy. Can someone please give just me a definitive answer on whether or not I like Bill Hicks?

depends whether or not you're above disliking stuff cos it's popular

apparemtly not. strop thrower and stormer out extrodinairre.

Well, the few times I met him he was very pleasant and gracious. And he did me a good turn once, so I always liked the guy.
But, yeah, he could have been a complete cunt in general, I only met him a handful of times at shows.

Hell of a performer.
Pity about the deification after he died, but what can you do?
People are a little too precious about him, he was a great comic, now he's dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back