Euro 2008 (2 Viewers)

A couple of gobby journos bring up the Enrique nose-break of 1994...and all of a sudden Spain are running scared.
I don't think so.

Italy have a nasty habit of winning matches when it matters.
And Spain have a nasty habit of losing matches when it matters.

I think picking this match is tossing a coin.

Italy have a nasty habit of winning matches when it matters.
And Spain have a nasty habit of losing matches when it matters.

I think picking this match is tossing a coin.

It's been scientifically proven that Italy have already used up all their luck in the match against France.

It's been scientifically proven that Italy have already used up all their luck in the match against France.

No one is going to argue that point.
But, the fact of the matter still is, the EU still receives over 95% of Spain's luck in return for its infrastructure subsidies.

No one is going to argue that point.
But, the fact of the matter still is, the EU still receives over 95% of Spain's luck in return for its infrastructure subsidies.

Yeah I'm only worried about how Puyol and Sergio Ramos will perform although the latter was better against Sweden & has had a good season. They're like two beach bums. Bring back National Service, sayI!
Speaking of beach bums, Luca Toni looks like he's running on sand most of the time.

Plus Italy will badly miss Gattuso and Perlo.

I knew France were going to be shit in this tournament.
Over the 3 matches, I think Italy totally deserve to be in the next round ahead of Romania. They were pretty much screwed in the match against them after all.
Buffon has been the best keeper in the tournament, although in fairness Coupet made two stunning saves last night as well. Boruc against Croatia was pretty amazing too.
Abidal was comedy last night. Utter, utter, bollocks.
I think Italy might struggle against Spain. They don't have Pirlo or Gattuso. I think they can do without Gattuso, but Pirlo is a big miss, he was really creative against France and it's difficult to see where their inspiration will come from now.
Finally, Henry is a fucking ponce. See the way he turned away from that free-kick and half-stuck his leg out at it? That's why it was a goal, because he's fucking afraid of a football.
Paul McGrath would have taken that shit in the face, got up and booted it into row Z.

A couple of gobby journos bring up the Enrique nose-break of 1994...and all of a sudden Spain are running scared.
I don't think so.

Well Aragones, known racist, admitted he'd rather not be facing them. That's not exactly the blubber of a few 'gobby journos'. Alls I'm saying, Bitchum (see what I did there? classic), is that Spain talk a good game, hell they even play one, but they never win anything. When it comes to the big games, they bottle it and I'm wondering why the hell that is.

Well Aragones, known racist, admitted he'd rather not be facing them. That's not exactly the blubber of a few 'gobby journos'. Alls I'm saying, Bitchum (see what I did there? classic), is that Spain talk a good game, hell they even play one, but they never win anything. When it comes to the big games, they bottle it and I'm wondering why the hell that is.

Calm down darling. Aragones was asked 'of Romania, Italy and France' who would he like to avoid? He said he thought Italy were the strongest of the three and well, it appears he's right. I think that's a far cry from your assertion that 'Spain [are] just pathetic wimps' and that anyone in their squad called them 'Italians lucky cheaters'.

And you're nuts.

I have it on irrefutable authority from my man on the inside that Spain are a bunch of pathetic wimps and that the entire squad absolutely believes with all their heart that Italy are a bunch of cheating jammy bastards.

Calm down darling. Aragones was asked 'of Romania, Italy and France' who would he like to avoid? He said he thought Italy were the strongest of the three and well, it appears he's right. I think that's a far cry from your assertion that 'Spain [are] just pathetic wimps' and that anyone in their squad called them 'Italians lucky cheaters'.

And you're nuts.

Hey thanks. You know, I really appreciate the way in which you construct your thumped posts. Pure attention to detail. Every post written as though it was your last. It's a beautiful thing. You're a real writer's writer, Mitchum. Considered, well thought out opinions on every matter. It's what you've been striving for your whole life and dammit if you haven't attained it already. You're my hero.

Anyway. Football, boy it's great. Isn't it?

Hey thanks. You know, I really appreciate the way in which you construct your thumped posts. Pure attention to detail. Every post written as though it was your last. It's a beautiful thing. You're a real writer's writer, Mitchum. Considered, well thought out opinions on every matter. It's what you've been striving for your whole life and dammit if you haven't attained it already. You're my hero.

Anyway. Football, boy it's great. Isn't it?

Bonkers.

You haven't read that Guardian article that we're all referring to, have you Mithcy?

I have, yeah. Sid Lowe's a curious one. He'll write any ol' toss to get replies/traffic on his blog. He's totally twisted what Aragones said in his press conference and jumped on the daft opinions of a few loony journos as a way of measuring 'the nation's mood'.

It's like most things on t'internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back