Euro 2008 (1 Viewer)

Put your news, updates, wagers and tips here. Ball rolling:
Italy to win, Luca Toni top scorer. Though I'm not so confident after reading this:

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/news/kind=1/newsid=704508.html#italy+lose+captain+cannavaro

Yeah crap news for the Italians. It looked like a pretty innocuous tackle by Chiellini.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They just aren't the same without Cannavaro. It's a pity for the neutrals too. He's a great defender.

Although no one at my work seems too bothered. Most of them are Roma fans and they don't really support Italy. I don't get that at all.

Manthisisgonnarule.

Saw the Dutch against Wales over the weekend - they weren't looking particularly earth shattering.
RvN was isolated up front most of the time.
Robben did the usual - alternating between really dangerous, really wasteful and throwing himself at the turf.
Hilariously, Kuyt actually looked pretty decent when he came on. He's at least direct and can tackle.
Van der Vaart and Sneijder are obviously slick and creative, but a little overcomplicated and fond of a long shot.
I think they'll find it difficult against teams who can crowd those two out in midfield and keep RvN isolated.

Watch out for a dude called Engelaar in midfield - 6'5" holding midfielder who sparyed around some gorgeous balls with his left peg.
Ibrahim Afellay looks like a pretty tasty young winger.

It might be worth putting money on Di Natale to be top scorer if Italy do progress beyond the group stages. He got 17 for Udinese this year and the formation that Donadoni uses really suits him as illustrated by the two goals he got the other night against Belgium.

It might be worth putting money on Di Natale to be top scorer if Italy do progress beyond the group stages. He got 17 for Udinese this year and the formation that Donadoni uses really suits him as illustrated by the two goals he got the other night against Belgium.

YouTube - ITALY-BELGIUM 3-1

yeah he's looking good. as is del pel, for that matter. I just feel that with 3 up front, Toni could just bag a rake load if he gets going. I wanna see him pull off one of his trademark snap volleys.

Prudent tip: France to win, Klose to be top scorer (he will score 5 against Austria).
Fun tip: Russia to win, Pogobreniak, the Yak, to be the hit-man in chief.

Is there any of those prediction things up online where you can work out the teams routes to the final by putting in the results that you think will happen???

As it stands without checking too much I'm gonna go for Spain to win win @ 6-1 and Gomez to be top goal scorer @ 17-1, I still think Holland at 14-1 is a huge price so might throw a fiver on them too.

Oh man I can't wait .|..|

Watch out for a dude called Engelaar in midfield - 6'5" holding midfielder who sparyed around some gorgeous balls with his left peg.
Ibrahim Afellay looks like a pretty tasty young winger.

Some players to watch out for:

Karim Benzema (FRA)- let's see if he can't make himself worth a fortune in a few short weeks.
Samir Nasri (FRA) - let's see what this kid can do.
Fabio Quagliarella (ITA) - for some outrageously beautiful goals.

Antonio Cassano - for skills and for crying madness.

Oh the memories...

Suker's goal against Denmark is just amazing. Whelan is at number 4. Good old Ronnie.

it's gotta be france, innit.
holland are gonna struggle in that group. italy without cannavaro? matterazi to be the main man in defence? recipe for disaster.
germany in with a shout. easy group. spain, ah spain, the minute they play a decent team they'll crumble, as per usual. but lads, it has to be england. has to be. best team in the world.

The stadiums are all very small and compact. Even the Ernst Happel in Vienna only holds 55,000 or thereabouts. Thanks Stan - tickets would have been hard got if we qualified.

I dunno about France with that lunatic Domenech in charge.
Leaving Trezeguet, Clichy and Flamini at home?
I suppose it depends on how much they rely on the old guard of Makelele/Vieira/Henry. If the youngsters can do the business, they should be good to the semis. Of course, it is possible that Benezma, Ribery and Nasri go freakoutcrazy and rule the tournament.

I think the omission of Trezeguet is definitely a good thing. He has been woeful at every tournament since 2000.
Flamini - amazed he wasn't included. Their midfield looks a bit arthritic. Rather, Vieira does.
I wonder if Nasri will get a regular run in the starting line-up. It's all very exciting but I can't see Domenech playing Benzema, Ribery and Nasri. Probably just the first two, with Henry and someone like Malouda.

I dunno about France with that lunatic Domenech in charge.
Leaving Trezeguet, Clichy and Flamini at home?
I suppose it depends on how much they rely on the old guard of Makelele/Vieira/Henry. If the youngsters can do the business, they should be good to the semis. Of course, it is possible that Benezma, Ribery and Nasri go freakoutcrazy and rule the tournament.

Flamini might well be back in the squad as they doubt Vieira is fit.

I'll be supporting, in no particular order, Poland, Sweden, and of course Croatia.
Of those 3 I reckon Croatia are the ones in with a chance. Semi-finals I reckon before they get knocked out.
Sweden could be fun if they give Larsson a few games, that would be amazing. Larsson and Ibrahimovic up front rules.
I'm leaning towards Italy to do the business in this tournament though. Or dark horses Romania, for the banter.
Top flops: It's bound to be Spain, sure they do it all the time!

I hope the Swiss are crushed and humiliated. I'll be hooting for the racists...sorry Croatians...and maybe throw a euro on Spain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back