Euro 2008 (1 Viewer)

It says a lot that I had to change to ITV and put up with them going on about their so-called "qualification group of death" -- that this was preferable Ray "of sunshine" Houghton's moaning. He's getting worse, isn't he? It's unbearable.

Same here. I watch the analysis on Bog 2 and the match on the Beeb or ITV. What gets me is how utterly joyless he seems to be when commentating. Im not used to listening the the cunt so regularly - usually I get a couple of weeks grace - but one thing Ive noticed is that when he gets into one of those billious & agonizingly drawn out self-righteous points made to justify a point he made earlier he's actually trailing off towards the end as if he's even starting to bore himself. Listen out for it. You can dimly make out the zzz's in the last few words. Him and George have done the last two nights. It's not looking good.

Clive Tyldseley talking over David Pleat's Bleats.
Agh.
The Beeb are showing tonight's match, right?
Sometimes I strongly consider learning Spanish or Italian so I can get all my football coverage from them.

zzzzzz

Same here. I watch the analysis on Bog 2 and the match on the Beeb or ITV. What gets me is how utterly joyless he seems to be when commentating. Im not used to listening the the cunt so regularly - usually I get a couple of weeks grace - but one thing Ive noticed is that when he gets into one of those billious & agonizingly drawn out self-righteous points made to justify a point he made earlier he's actually trailing off towards the end as if he's even starting to bore himself. Listen out for it. You can dimly make out the zzz's in the last few words. Him and George have done the last two nights. It's not looking good.

It's brilliantly amazing the way English journalists speculate about things like Ballack scoring a goal last night will negatively affect his relationship with Scolari. It's outstanding.

And what are the bets that George and Ray hate each other? Both have small man syndrome. Both have....zzzzz

Here, what's with all the arty slow motion replays going on in this tournament? Sometimes they're at the expense of real time action too. Is the producer some kind of metaphysical wanker?

plenty of shots of haunty wans in the crowd.
proper tv directing of a football game.

I think it's great that Scolari is arriving in the premiership to fill the massive 'Big' gap left by Sam Allerdyce's departure from Newcastle. 8 months is too long to go without a Big.

I can't wait for him to clock Fergie when the Bells-guzzling Scot tries his mind games.
Popeye Scolari!

I've always suspected Fergie likes more than the occasional drop. You don't those rosy cheeks and strawberry nose from chewin orbit.

holy fuckin shit! two hours with nothing and then that! i had money on Olic to score first and he tried to hit everywhere bar the goal. twat.

Incredible. Turkey have only been lead for a total of two minutes in the tournament so far!!
On another note, Fatih Terim is no oil painting, is he?

Well well well, I'm a big Dutch fan but Russia outplayed them and more to the point Guss Hiddink masterminded it.
Zhirkov is some attacdking left back, how many times did he get to the touchline or into the box and still dribble, marked both kuyt and RVP out of the game, RVP as usual when he plays for Holland played out of position.
Pavluchenko was outstanding along with most of the Russian team and then there was the MOTM Arshavin.
This Russian team made so many runs and were so brave even when they were 1-0 up they had 4-5 players up front.
Be interesting if Spain beat Italy tom night seeing the rematch.

Vote!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/euro_2008/7389669.stm

i think italy will edge out spain in the middle of the park and steal it tomorrow,
and i'd be happy to see that happen if only to watch russia run rings around them in the semi. russia deserve to win the tournament for the way they played tonight.

russia, unbelievable. arshavin is ridiculously good.

Can we have an Andrei Arshavin Appreciation Thread please? :heart:

I already loved him for destroying the Huns in the UEFA cup final and now this performance tonight. Russia were depending on him hugely and no bother to him. That's class.

I watched this with a load of Oranjers in a bar in Reykjavík who were gutted when the better team won. Arshavin was deadly. Was RVP crap cos he was out of position or because he's not been the same player since his comeback from injury?
Old news, but I thought Podolski was great against the bottling Ports. Such hold-up play. First time I've seen him be Not Shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back