Euro 2008 (3 Viewers)

All aboard the big commie bus, whos with me?

I never liked those orange fucks really...

Was RVP crap cos he was out of position or because he's not been the same player since his comeback from injury?
He has played well in the 3 previous Dutch games, yes he's out of position but he always plays on the right to accomadate Robben.
This game as my earlier post said he was marked out of the game by the wonderful Zhirkov, I also felt he was hugging the touchline too much and never looked part of the game...

Arshavin's performance so far has been out if this world. In two games.

Also props must be given to Altintop's performance against Croatia - incredibly good.

arshavin276.jpg

great pic

Really really looking forward to tonights match and do you know what? I cannot for the life of me try and pick a winner.
If Italy had their full squad I kinda woulda went for them but alas they're missing many players, but Toni has to actually at least convert 10% of his numerous chances!!
Would like Spain to win because of the Cesc connection....aarrggghhhh
Draw and Spain on penalties.

Glad to see the back of Italy, they were relentlessly negative last night.

Yep. Defensively they were magnificent but who gives a shit if you're not Italian? So pleased for the Liverpool players and that the Spanish have exorcised a lot of their ghosts. The semi should hopefully be everything that cagey endurance test wasn't.

Billo kept on blowing his nose into his mic last night. Also, someone walked across the camera at one point. Add that to the fit of laughter.

Yep. Defensively they were magnificent but who gives a shit if you're not Italian? So pleased for the Liverpool players and that the Spanish have exorcised a lot of their ghosts. The semi should hopefully be everything that cagey endurance test wasn't.
italy miss canavaro, but that sums them up. their most influential player is a 36 year old defender. fuck italy, they got what the y deserved. seems to be happening in this tournament

Okay, I'm not sad to see the back of them, given their negativity last night and persistence with that lump up front, but at least Italy had a coherent game plan. Spain had nothing up their sleeve to counter a fairly standard Italian reaction to losing some creative players.
They persisted with this painfully slow build-up with no width or sharpness, that played into Italian hands. I was hoping for an Italian win as the game went on, just out of spite at the sheer stupidity of Spain. Also, it wasn't all jsut caginess and stifling defensive play - whenever Spanish players did get some space, they made horrendous unforced errors. Villa, Iniesta, Torres, Guiza and in particular the hopeless Silva were all guilty of this. I hope they can turn it around for the semi if only so they can lose a classic.

Okay, I'm not sad to see the back of them, given their negativity last night and persistence with that lump up front, but at least Italy had a coherent game plan. Spain had nothing up their sleeve to counter a fairly standard Italian reaction to losing some creative players.
They persisted with this painfully slow build-up with no width or sharpness, that played into Italian hands. I was hoping for an Italian win as the game went on, just out of spite at the sheer stupidity of Spain. Also, it wasn't all jsut caginess and stifling defensive play - whenever Spanish players did get some space, they made horrendous unforced errors. Villa, Iniesta, Torres, Guiza and in particular the hopeless Silva were all guilty of this. I hope they can turn it around for the semi if only so they can lose a classic.

Yeah, they're wingers were anonymous and taking Torres off and not starting Fabregas prove that Aragones is a mentaller.

Well said. Keeping the ball is all well and good but persisting with something that isn't working and won't work is fairly annoying. Also persisting with Xavi ahead of Fabregas and taking of Torres.... the mind boggles.

Glad to see the back of Italy, they were relentlessly negative last night.

fuck you, prick.

though they were very toothless in attack - mostly due to Toni being rubbish. Cassano was great, kept the ball extremely well and kept delivering good passes - though I wonder why he didn't say "fuck this" after the 50th waste from Toni and just go himself. he had no problem beating Sergio Ramos, so I dunno why he didn't take them on.

I thought it was a good game, though it was 0-0 it was interesting and dramatic in other ways. italian defense was great, despite the shit start in the group games, but spain were looking desperate up front too - resorting to diving and off target long range efforts.

anyway.. roll on Lippi / Totti return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back