Elections Thread (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter IFF
  • Start date
  • Replies 307
  • Views 35K
  • Watchers 3
list of european candidates - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0511/breaking51.htm

anyone with any information on those independents.

who is micheal greely, jim tallon or paddy garvey in the east? never heard of them and google was useless in trying to get more information.

and really libertas were vicious at the press conference yesterday. we don't need that viciousness attacks in our politics. stop the americanisation of us, do note vote for the libertas

I have now heard Ganley on the one hand rubbish the European parliamentary groups as nothing more than outlets for sharing photocopiers and coffee machines, and on the other hand complain that Maria Harkin now belongs to the same parliamentary grouping as Fianna Fail and thus that a vote for her is a vote for the government.

He doesn't seem to grasp that you are only supposed to be a hypocritical douche bag in private.

This story about his Da still brings a smile to my face. http://www.breakingnews.ie/Ireland/?jp=MHKFKFAUIDCW&rss=rss2

I wonder if he was one of the guys in the suits?

i hadn't seen that before

it's disturbing and funny

i think this is one of the independents in the east http://www.wicklowpeople.ie/news/tallon-is-jailed-for-1211719.html

and this a youtube video of his

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i think he might be insane

I have now heard Ganley on the one hand rubbish the European parliamentary groups as nothing more than outlets for sharing photocopiers and coffee machines, and on the other hand complain that Maria Harkin now belongs to the same parliamentary grouping as Fianna Fail and thus that a vote for her is a vote for the government.

He doesn't seem to grasp that you are only supposed to be a hypocritical douche bag in private.

You should have seen him last night on Late Night News with Vincent Browne. Amazing. There have been some absolutely hilarious moments too when Caroline Simmons was on, she actually doesn't have a single clue.

here it is with Ganley http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=nightlynewswithvincentbrowne&tv3_preview=&video=8813

i read something on boards about him funding polish libertas. this race for europe shit is going to get ugly, possibly in the sense that they are probably going to use american political models for a while.

i read something on boards about him funding polish libertas. this race for europe shit is going to get ugly, possibly in the sense that they are probably going to use american political models for a while.

indeed, it was reported in the polish press that ganley gave them a guarantee for a bank loan of €250,000

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2009/0331/1224243731615.html

american model - do you mean personal attacks on individuals?

also i found out ab out the 2nd of the 3 independents in the east due to todays drogheda independent

A MYSTERY candidate from Drogheda has emerged to stand for election to the European Parliament.
Mr Peter Garvey, with an address in Peter Street, has joined the electoral race as an independent in the Ireland east constituency.
Mr Garvey told the Drogheda Independent that he had no intention of revealing the details of his European election manifesto to the public just yet.
'I want to put the idea in people's minds and let them think about,' he said.
Mr Garvey, who is in his senior years, described himself as 'the son of two school teachers'.
'I am the only true independent candidate in this election. I just want people to think about that at the moment,' he stressed.

so from the highlighted bit, does that mean he's got nothing?

Sean Kelly is parading around town everyday like an under 12's GAA coach hopped up on a diet of parochialism and speed. And if that wasn't bad enough he's bombarding everyone everywhere with a squadron of souped up 4X4's with extra loud megaphones and his big dirty head on the side of it.
eye's on the prize sammy, eye's on the prize...

he also used to be a teacher in my school, he couldnt teach. go figure.

someone please save me.

american model - do you mean personal attacks on individuals?

rte news said:
Labour leader Eamon Gilmore has challenged the Taoiseach and Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny to a televised debate before the June elections.
it'd be more the comeplete media saturation that takes over the US in elections, at ground level its a bit maddening.

So, a letter came through the door for me today, addressed to me, from Libertas.
In the main it promises transparency with regard to her personal expenses, and some other stuff.

But, how did they get my address? I'm utterly galled by this.
I intend to mark it "return to sender" and shove it back in the letter box. If I do this will I get in trouble?

it was interestging with FF's Thomas Byrne debating with Libertas's Caroline Simmons on Matt Cooper in the 5 minutes it took me to get from work to home today

Byrne made a good point "You and O'Malley are nice people. this campaign of libertas of fear mongering and personal attacks are really below you's" [i'm paraphrasing]

good point Byrne

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back