Vote Misallocation in Ireland (1 Viewer)

damien

Since 2000
Anyone remember when Declan Ganley called for a recount during the recent Euro elections? And it was discovered that somehow 3000 votes for someone else had found their way into his pile? Well, the lad (Fiachra Ó Luain) has been trying to get some answers ever since then and has come up against a brick wall.

WHEELIEBINGATE
======================================
An angry young Irish politician is outraged over the lack of progress in the investigation into the incident known as 'Wheeliebingate' - where 3,000 of his votes in last June’s European Elections were incorrectly attributed to another in the Ireland North West constituency.
Not a big deal, you say?

Consider these facts;
The Irish Divorce Referendum of 1995 the deciding margin was 9, 114 votes.
If the Republic of Ireland is the only country to hold a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty, that will utterly change the nature of the European Union for all of its 500 million inhabitants.

Now Irish voters are being warned to be concerned whether their votes during the upcoming Lisbon Treaty Referendum will be allocated correctly.
28 year old resident of Carndonagh, Co. Donegal, Fiachra Ó Luain has this week written to the Republic of Ireland’s Top Cop, Garda Commissioner Fachtna Murphy, complaining that the police officer put in charge of the investigation, was the same Garda who was in charge of the European election count when the votes originally went missing. Ó Luain has complained that so far, the Garda in question has been professionally inert in his attempts to gather further statements and investigate the matter. The Returning Officer who was in charge of the count has refused to give a statement or provide a list of the names of all individuals who had contact with the votes. Meanwhile the investigating Garda told Fiachra Ó Luain that he would not interview the members of the ‘red team’ who discovered the Ó Luain ballots in the bundles of multi-millionaire candidate Declan Ganley, unless Ó Luain could come up with their names. However seeing as the investigating Garda was also the Garda in charge of the election count he should already have access to the name of all persons involved in the count!

Ó Luain was written to the Garda Commissioner and the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government saying that the whole thing now reeks of a cover-up. Ó Luain, and his Election Agent, UN and EU credentialled election monitor Dr. Edward Horgan are now convinced there was political interference in the process, and the investigation. “Just because it was millionaire Declan Ganley who called for the recheck that ultimately brought the misallocated votes in the Ganley bundles to the media’s attention, does not mean it was all an innocent mistake. If extra ballots had already been bought, then indeed it gives rise to possibility that further negotiation could have occurred during the overnight pause in the count. We are very lucky that the ‘red team’ brought the misallocated bundles to the attention of the media, at which stage Declan Ganley is said to have asked for the recheck to be cancelled! That is why the 'Red Team' should be so central to the investigation, however the Garda investigation has completely ignored them.”

Ó Luain is concerned that if up-to 3000 votes can be misallocated from the candidate with the least financial resources to the candidate with the most financial resources, and if the same people in charge of the European election count are again in charge of the referendum count, then it is conceivable that the result of the upcoming referendum could go to the highest bidder! When Ó Luain asked the Garda in charge of the investigation what guarantee there was that thousands of votes would not be misallocated in the upcoming referendum count, the Garda told him that there was no guarantee at all.

The Donegal based ex-Euro candidate says: “In this final fortnight before the second Lisbon Treaty Referendum, that is bound to be decided by a close margin, voters need to be reassured that all of their votes will be counted and allocated correctly. As the candidate involved, I am concerned that this may have resulted from deliberate electoral fraud rather than from an inadvertent mistake. It is highly unusual, and completely unacceptable that 3,000 First Preference votes can be misallocated.”

In the three months since the European election Mr. Ó Luain made repeated requests for a prompt and thorough investigation by the Returning Officer for the North West Constituency Kieran McDermott, the Gardaí and the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government and so far has not received any satisfactory response.
Mr. Ó Luain's position? Angry. Declaring: “The lack of any thorough and transparent investigation, three months down the road leaves a question mark over the accountability of our count process. How can we go to the polls again on October 2nd when the people who may have deliberately misallocated 3000 votes may also be in contact with the referendum ballots? The Garda Siochána have said themselves that there is no guarantee of anything. Needless to say this issue is not only relevant to Irish voters but also to the 500,000,000 citizens of 27 EU member states whose relationship with the EU will change irreversibly depending on the result of our referendum on Lisbon.”

Katrina Gill
[email protected].u

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I vaguely remember that... interesting alright, the links between that and the upcoming shtuff... fairly depressing, I wish I had a shit load of money and could sway vote counters in my favour. I'd probably just buy a tank and loads of sweets though.

Hmmnnn ....

This guy is suggesting that Ganley used his money to try and rig the result of the Euro election in that constituency and was found out. He then extrapolates this to the notion that the result of Lisbon next week could also be bought in a similar manner by those with enough money at their disposal.

Why then is he calling into question the result of next week's referendum, rather than calling into question the result of the previous one? The previous one, after all, returned a result that went the way of the person he is suggesting was engaged in electoral fraud in the first place.

Why then is he calling into question the result of next week's referendum, rather than calling into question the result of the previous one? The previous one, after all, returned a result that went the way of the person he is suggesting was engaged in electoral fraud in the first place.

because nordie understand counter intelligence.

This guy is suggesting that Ganley used his money to try and rig the result of the Euro election in that constituency and was found out. He then extrapolates this to the notion that the result of Lisbon next week could also be bought in a similar manner by those with enough money at their disposal.

If I remember correctly from the other day, only the article (written by a third person) suggests that. He merely points out that he has not been able to be given any kind of an explanation as to why 3000 of his votes were in someone elses pile.

Translation: we're going to lose so let's claim the thing is being rigged. So predictable.

If that were the case, surely some of the major No tricksters and wankers (Coir, Libertas et al) would be pushing this instead of a lone North West leftie. It's not about who wins Lisbon, it's about possible electoral fraud.

what a fucking cock. his votes were misplaced. simple as. they were found in a recount, and given back to him. what on earth is he trying to prove?

600 polling cards had been
received by international residents who are not legally entitled to vote in
the referendum.

mistakes can happen when you have to send out polling cards to the entire population old enough to vote.

A source within the Dublin City Council
has informed the former MEP candidate Fiachra Ó Luain of efforts by the head
of the Franchise department to actively register residents of retirement
homes, prisons and even the army.

is this not the franchise departments job? to get people registered to vote?

reminds me of this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If that were the case, surely some of the major No tricksters and wankers (Coir, Libertas et al) would be pushing this instead of a lone North West leftie.

Possibly. But on the other hand you could reasonably conclude from the fact there is only a lone North West leftie pushing this, that there is nothing in it.

Despite cock-ness impressions of a lone leftie liberal whacko, the implications of what he's saying are more important than what he may or may not be trying to prove, don't you see, you nazi scumbags?

Possibly. But on the other hand you could reasonably conclude from the fact there is only a lone North West leftie pushing this, that there is nothing in it.

Just like the other couple of lefties in the North West - what's that they're always on about, some gas thing, is it?

Despite cock-ness impressions of a lone leftie liberal whacko, the implications of what he's saying are more important than what he may or may not be trying to prove, don't you see, you nazi scumbags?

If there is anything in it, then yes I agree, the implications of what he is saying are hugely important. I'm not convinced though that there is anything in it, don't you see, you fucking retard.

Just like the other couple of lefties in the North West - what's that they're always on about, some gas thing, is it?

Point taken. But I still don't buy it ;)

I for one fully trust the guard in charge to investigate his own watch. Sure Donegal guards have a long history of being above scrutiny (and the law).

No need to get your knickers in a twist there Mary

Jeez, I wish I had thought of saying that to you after you called me a Nazi scumbag. Must remember that one in future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back