Driving Test (1 Viewer)

I got my test this morning with 8 grade 2s. Very, very close. There were two faults that were borderline fails, but the guy gave me the benefit of the doubt. Phew!

Thanks - I got my official licence through the post the other day. I didn't start learning until i was 31, but i really love it now. It's one of the few things you'll learn in life that you'll use all the time and which will make you more independent, so best of luck.

One final note - get a blind spot mirror. They cost about €1.50 and you just stick on to the bottom left-hand corner of your left wing mirror. It will help you enormously with your reversing around a corner.

One final note - get a blind spot mirror. They cost about €1.50 and you just stick on to the bottom left-hand corner of your left wing mirror. It will help you enormously with your reversing around a corner.

you're actually allowed ask the examiner to get out of the car and help direct you.

thanks for the tip! :) I don't have a car of my own yet (paying for the lessons is a stretch as it is, dunno how i'll cope with getting a car, tax insurance...sigh) but when I do I'll get that mirror!

It's one of those things where I know I need to do it and that in two years time I will be delighted I did...but right now all I can see is the bad side...I hope my instructor isn't put off by me shouting 'fuck sake!' every time I do something wrong, I know I'll be cursing like a docker.

thanks for the tip! :) I don't have a car of my own yet (paying for the lessons is a stretch as it is, dunno how i'll cope with getting a car, tax insurance...sigh) but when I do I'll get that mirror!

It's one of those things where I know I need to do it and that in two years time I will be delighted I did...but right now all I can see is the bad side...I hope my instructor isn't put off by me shouting 'fuck sake!' every time I do something wrong, I know I'll be cursing like a docker.

If you have a good instructor they should have you chilled out. Good luck with driving, it sucks starting out. I was teaching my 14 year old brother how to work a clutch yesterday. He was delighted, thinks he can drive cos we moved the car about 2 metres forward :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back