Dj's, I just don't get it (5 Viewers)

aoboa said:
Are there any good rock bands that use DJ's or have all attempts been rubbish to date?
I keep thinking of s**t like Senser.

Mordred did it well, all things considered.... ah, 1991 and funk metal.

group2.jpg

group1.jpg

I was a dj in Bassbin for a few years and it rocked. Playin to a packed club where the crowd where really up for it. Someone said it doesnt take much to dj. I'd beg to differ on that mate. 165 bpm breakbeat mixing with a wjole bunch of your peers standing round, not to mention the floor. It takes a long time to get up to the standard, like any other form of music.

I would say though that alot of djs are up their own arses and make evry one else look bad.

A dj is only a medium

sometimes i have to set up my keyboard on its stand in front of lots of people and theyre all looking at you and when you start to play nobody seems to be interested. i mean i try to sing good and all but its really hard to please everyone all the time. this one time i was setting up my keyboard at this gig in the community centre and then when i went on stage the sound man turned me off half way through my first number cos he said it sounded awful. i havent ever been in a real band but ive been playing with myself for years and its really tough sometimes. i think when your a dj its easier cos you just put on a few cds and have a drink while people in the pub enjoy themselves and they think your great. i play with my sister sometimes but shes not really that good at it and she doesnt like the songs i play. i mean she likes the covers but sometimes i'll put in one of my own numbers and she just walks off the stage

can't be arsed reading all this - got to page 6 though, and no one seemed to have mentioned that often the point of going out to hear a DJ is playing is to, y'know, dance and have fun.

bye

oh shit said:
can't be arsed reading all this - got to page 6 though, and no one seemed to have mentioned that often the point of going out to hear a DJ is playing is to, y'know, dance and have fun.

bye

you're obviously going to the wrong type of clubs

oh shit said:

bye

Eh, it was mentioned right backon page 1 :)

sammy said:
sometimes i have to set up my keyboard on its stand in front of lots of people and theyre all looking at you and when you start to play nobody seems to be interested. i mean i try to sing good and all but its really hard to please everyone all the time. this one time i was setting up my keyboard at this gig in the community centre and then when i went on stage the sound man turned me off half way through my first number cos he said it sounded awful. i havent ever been in a real band but ive been playing with myself for years and its really tough sometimes. i think when your a dj its easier cos you just put on a few cds and have a drink while people in the pub enjoy themselves and they think your great. i play with my sister sometimes but shes not really that good at it and she doesnt like the songs i play. i mean she likes the covers but sometimes i'll put in one of my own numbers and she just walks off the stage
funniest post EVER

FancyGoods said:
yeah same with rally drivers; like all they have to do is drive a car for fuck sake.all you have to do is keep the car on the road for fuck sake! I drove in to work today and spent the whole time laughing at all the stupid cunts who think rally driving is hard.
Has anyone eve seen those cunts who go to college who learn how to build bridges? what the fuck like? I'd say I could build a bridge, all they have to do is make a thing that could hold cars up. I reckon metal would do it. if I was makin a bridge i'd just make it outta metal. once I tried to break metal and I couldnt even bend it. Id definetly make it out of metal. metal could hold cars up id say.

Being a DJ is the same as all of these things.
:rolleyes:

Being a good DJ requires definite skill but lets not get too carried away here.
Projectionists on the other hand..... I always check who the projectionist is before I go to the cinema.

It's not just playing films you know. These guys can play one scene into another scene so smoothly....

Wilbert said:
Being a good DJ requires definite skill but lets not get too carried away here.
Projectionists on the other hand..... I always check who the projectionist is before I go to the cinema.

It's not just playing films you know. These guys can play one scene into another scene so smoothly....

Yeah someone already said that. Go home.

Queen Buzzo said:
Those tunes are so fuckin deadly. Ruffneck is still me favourite. Well done Fancy.
Wibert- are you 11? Rocker or raver?

i was both - gun 'n' roses on one side of the tape, the prodigy on the other. ahhh 1992

chutneyfarmer said:
Ha remember back in the day you were either one or the other! Never both. Ever. Ever ever.

I was a rocker me .|..|
I stopped listening to music (rock), then years later i realised i should have been a raver (but i wouldn't have been allowed) , oh the missed years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back