Dj's, I just don't get it (5 Viewers)

I saw him in dublin and was suitably bored. I missed him scratching two of my mates names tho, which would have been funny. I think Im just a bit bored of all that scritchy scratch shite, used to love it tho.

The visuals were good...

Zeelander said:
Some djs provide you with something to see. Girl ones have boobs, innit.

bp_shane_paul.jpg

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I thought it was a bit meh, ended up leaving early
i'd to leave the cork show early too. not cos it was shit though, cos i couldn't stand/function properly anymore ... can't hack 2 all-nighters + sunday drinking beginning at 4.00 anymore ... fuck sake, only caught about 15 minutes of cut chemist an all. good weekend all the same though

giveadogabone said:
i liked the black and white arthouse movie they were projecting on the wall...

you must have money to burn if you were flitting between expensive venues last night!

the "meh" factor was present in the form of people cheering whenever he dropped a J5 tune of did some fancy scratchy sheet...

what gesture usually accompanies a "meh"? shoulder shrug or frown?

edit: about 340 i fink.....
A properly executed meh involves no body movement whatsoever, such is the mehness of the subject in question.

And as it happens i'm super broke, but gugai was nice enough to let me into the gig in the roisin free, which was great. Unline the band.

Just working on the photies now, i'll post them in a min.

Wavioli said:
I saw him in dublin and was suitably bored. I missed him scratching two of my mates names tho, which would have been funny. I think Im just a bit bored of all that scritchy scratch shite, used to love it tho.

The visuals were good...

hahah those were your mates? BENNNNNNNNNYYYYYYY MOTHERFUKKKERRRRRRRRR - funny.

also - i want to take a knife to the throat of anyone that uses koyanasqatsi as visuals for a gig. so lame.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
hahah those were your mates? BENNNNNNNNNYYYYYYY MOTHERFUKKKERRRRRRRRR - funny.

also - i want to take a knife to the throat of anyone that uses koyanasqatsi as visuals for a gig. so lame.

yeah 2 of them were my mates - but I completely missed it.

Is that koyanasqatsi a film in the vein of Baraka? Cos it was good, but if so, then yes- lame laziness for visuals. I have seen Baraka in clubs waaay more than anywhere else.

Yeah they're similar, and both completely abused as visuals. In fact, I remember seeing Koyanisqaatsi for the first time when it was projected on a wall after hours in the Purty Loft in 1994.

*memories

hmm.. yeah. saw it about 3 or 4 times as 'visuals' before I saw the original. much better.

incidentally, baraka was shot and directed by the cinematographer who shot koyaanisqatsi (ron frike)

both great movies. esp koyaanisqatsi..

plug said:
hmm.. yeah. saw it about 3 or 4 times as 'visuals' before I saw the original. much better.

incidentally, baraka was shot and directed by the cinematographer who shot koyaanisqatsi (ron frike)

both great movies. esp koyaanisqatsi..

cool. yeah, well he held my attention much better than Scrut Chemist did

wasnt he in dead can dance or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back