David Grubbs (1 Viewer)

billygannon said:
Which album of his should I buy this weekend?

He's got a nicer voice than Jim O'Rourke.

All of them!! He's fucking brilliant.

'The Spectrum Between', 'Rickets and Scurvy' and 'The Thicket' are all a good introduction.

Dave Grubbs has nothing on J'OR. Nothing.*
I saw him in Whelan’s last year. Jesus.
And I never saw a guy so satisfied with himself.

* not opinion but fact. Provable on any home computer.
Provable on an etch-a-sketch.

billygannon said:
He's got a nicer voice than Jim O'Rourke.

Bill as your Doctor I have to say "you trippin'"

I don't like Dave Grubbs much, so I'll say go buy some Gastr Del Sol if you dont have any. Seriously I find Grubb's stuff really boring. But Camaflouer (sic) is amazing, Seasons Reverse is one of my favourite songs. Upgrade and the Afterlife is less so.

I just spent five minutes trying to use a fork to put sugar in my tea

just cause I didn't want to have to wash a spoon

If its Friday, it must be a hangover

rumpus said:
Dave Grubbs has nothing on J'OR. Nothing.*
I saw him in Whelan’s last year. Jesus.
And I never saw a guy so satisfied with himself.

* not opinion but fact. Provable on any home computer.
Provable on an etch-a-sketch.

..what he said.."half way to a three way" best ever. Shame on you gancom.

i like 'the spectrum between', meself, though his other stuff is pretty good too.

and what pantone said about 'camoufleur', which is a bleedin' deadly album. in fact, i'm going to listen to it now....

Pantone247 said:
Bill as your Doctor I have to say "you trippin'"

I don't like Dave Grubbs much, so I'll say go buy some Gastr Del Sol if you dont have any. Seriously I find Grubb's stuff really boring. But Camaflouer (sic) is amazing, Seasons Reverse is one of my favourite songs. Upgrade and the Afterlife is less so.

Have Camoufleur... David Grubbs pretty much did most of the work on that. Nah... just listening to his song on the Sónar CD...it's well nice. I'll check one of those CDs out.. thanks Jimmy Cake people

billygannon said:
Have Camoufleur... David Grubbs pretty much did most of the work on that.

Thats true, and Upgrade and Afterlife was a lot of O'Rouke and I like it less so, excpet for the Dry Bones in the Valley at the end... thats a spciy meatball!

*shrug*

I'm a complicated guy... I just never liked his solo stuff and found him unbareable in concert. But each to their own.

Don't listen to them Billy.
Grubbs is great. Not as instantly lovable as Jim o'Rourke but i find myself playing DG more then most of the stuff I own.

Funnily enough I listened to Camafleur and Half way to a three way last night. Such good records.

Here Minka, do you still have a couple of David Grubbs albums belonging to me?

The Chilli King said:
Here Minka, do you still have a couple of David Grubbs albums belonging to me?

not sure - i know i copied them, but i'm fairly sure i gave them back. i will check in my dedicated teetering pile of other people's cds (as opposed to the teetering piles of my own cds).

i was listening to 'half-way to a threeway' yesterday as well. coincidence? or EVIDENCE OF A SINISTER JIMMY CAKE HIVE MIND?

minka said:
i was listening to 'half-way to a threeway' yesterday as well. coincidence? or EVIDENCE OF A SINISTER JIMMY CAKE HIVE MIND?

I dunno. Were you thinking about boobs and scrabble too?

Pantone247 said:
I just spent five minutes trying to use a fork to put sugar in my tea

just cause I didn't want to have to wash a spoon

If its Friday, it must be a hangover

next time just pore it in from the bag sheesh

did jim o'rourke play with sonic youth last summer at witnness?? still kicking myself i missed that one

i'd love to see him come here and do a gig on his own soon. the last time he was here was years and years back

george mcfly said:
did jim o'rourke play with sonic youth last summer at witnness?? still kicking myself i missed that one

i'd love to see him come here and do a gig on his own soon. the last time he was here was years and years back

Jim O'Rourke was here about two or three years ago. Anyone remember The Bearded Lady at that? In fairness, he was cool. Jim wasn't the worst either. Loren Mazzacene Connors - jesus christ.*

Anyway, Jim O'Rourke is now a member of Sonic Youth.

*This is the only gig I've been at

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back