Dates from hell.. (8 Viewers)

I am probably not the best to answer this because I know my ideal date would be much different than most girls/women. I’ll give you my opinion though based on my general dating experience.

Keep it simple. Don’t take them someplace (like a fancy restaurant) where you’re going to feel uncomfortable because most likely they will too. You won’t be yourself, so what is the point?

Don’t dress any differently than you normally would. Again, it is just not you being you.

Don’t go to a movie. You can’t talk and won’t get to know one another, so what is the point?

Don’t spend too much money. I say this because I always go on a date expecting to pay my share. I really hate it when men don’t let me pay my way. It makes me feel uncomfortable and feel some what indebted, which is a big turn of in my book. After a few dates, I’m fine with treating one another on nights out but not at first.

Have a back-up plan. If something is not going well have alternatives on deck. Do some sly research and try to get an idea for what her tastes are and incorporate them in the day.

Suggest an afternoon date. This way if things don’t go well, you don’t ruin a night. On the flipside, if things go well in can lead into the night and well hell, ya never know what might happen.

advice for girls: put out

Have a back-up plan. If something is not going well have alternatives on deck.

Good advice.

Arrange for a friend to call you an hour into the date. If its going badly act concerned during the call and then tell your date that a family member has just been involved in an accident and you have to rush to the hospital. In fact I know of a well known thumped poster who once told a girl that his mother had just slipped a disc dry slope skiing in Kilternan.

My two favourite dates from the past.

Walk in the park. I showed up and he was there with his dog (I love dogs) and a disposable camera (I have a BFA in Photography). We walked around the park and then the city. We took turns using the camera, I took the odd frames and he took the even ones. When it was finished, we went to a one hour photo place to get developed. Dropped the dog home. Went back out to get bits and pieces to make dinner, which we cooked together. Then picked up the photos and looked/talked about them over a bottle of wine.

Chess at café. I met a guy at a café for lunch and he taught me how to play chess. I always wanted to learn. It was a very relaxed café (the kind that let you sit there for hours) with good music. We played chess and chatted all day. We sat there for 7 hours without realizing it. Then I went back to his place and we made dinner and watched a few movies, which we had talked about earlier and both loved. Ended up falling asleep on the couch and got up in the morning and had breakfast at another café. Three meals in one date is pretty good.

Sorry that was really long and I probably made more people sick.
these didn't happen in ireland did they?

i once had someone say 'my friend wants to know will you meet me?'..and you gotta give a dude props for having some balls..

Space Crusade?
Jenga?

In college we made a drinking version of this. Granted, none of us could go out to bars until we were 21 so it was a lot of house parties. Things like, “kiss the person to your right” or “take a shot of the darkest alcohol” etc. written on the pieces. You had to do what you pulled. This was much better than drunken Candyland, which had me vomiting strange colours from jello shots. [Shivers]

Uno rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back