Dates from hell.. (2 Viewers)

No.

I dont know his friends name, I heard it off my friend Anna's whos house party it was and she asked me about yer man as she had heard I was going cinema with him off said friend.

If you get my jist.
i can't follow your young person's lingo at all.

reputation_neg.gif
Dates from hell..19th July 2007 11:41 PMjaneWow, I hadn't realised you had a problem with me. Did you just notice that I haven't been posting much and go in for the dig at me? That's pretty fucking rude.

Oh for fucks sake !bog

Oh lord... how could a chap be so simple. Met him through a friend, have completely nothing in common and he dressed like a skanger.

I knew it was going to go all wrong from the minute we walked into the cinema, it was one of those old seated ones, with seperate seats and single seats. We walk in anyway from one look I cant see any seperate seats. So he walks down to the bottom to sit in a double seat and I walk really fast up to the top to where Ive spotted two single seats. So then he strolls back up and starts telling me about these hay fever tablets hes on... I hear this story three times more...

After we sit down he takes this plastic bag out, he ruffles it so much during the film that some one actually turned around and told him to stay quiet He sat there eating wine gums for the whole thing and laughed really really loudly when no one else was laughing. Chawing away he was. He kept trying to lean into me and I was like.. aww shit what am I going to do now, so I lean in and go "ive to leave at 10.45", then I nearly break my neck retreating. When the film is over we walk outside its 10.30 and Im shitting myself that my parents are late. So I sit down to wait to be collected and he starts the whole leaning in shit again, so I sprang up going "oh hey, wanna see something cool" and I start doing head over heels around a railing thing. That wastes five minutes. He then starts telling me about his hay fever again and scrapes my name into the wall. I try to get as much tobacco all over my lips so he wont try kiss me, then he trys to so I give him a peck on the lips and he goes , and I mutter something about my parents and say I have to go and I wait for 10 minutes on my own outside of Dunnes.

Un-coolest chap ever.
Truly truly the best post I've ever read on Lifestyle, you could be a writer like Celia Ahearn, you make it feel as one is there and sharing your anguish/story with you. :)
Donno why you didn't put him in his place after the "oh I thought id get a lot from a girl like you" line from him though.

A few years back I went on a blind date (never again) after getting out of a long relationship. Basically, I just wanted to go out and have some fun. I was always against blind dates but this time I said, “What the hell, I’ll give it a try.”

I never actually spoke with him but I knew he was quite a few years younger and in grad school. He e-mailed me to say, “Meet me at the Reflecting Pool, I want show you the moon.” Then and there, I should have known this was not a good idea but I was intrigued so I went for the entertainment factor.

I sat reading my book by the reflecting pool when all of a sudden someone grabbed my book. It was him. He grabbed my hand and said, “Lets be on our way.” No hello. Nothing. Just stole my book and dragged me off the bench. Now a sane person would have said something but again I ignored my good sense and just tried to keep up the pace as he walked ahead. About three blocks later he walks into a liquor store, I followed. “We need vodka.” He said. Me, “okay.” He buys a small bottle, takes the bag in one hand and my hand with this other. Again I am dragged a few blocks.

We stop in a small park, which it’s gotten rather dark at this stage. We sit inside an empty park fountain and he just stares at me. I thought about speaking but so far it has been his power trip so I just stare back silently. I figure it’s a bit of a game. Then there were a slew of philosophical (I just read Catcher in the Rye, I wear black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside) type questions. It took the bottle and start drinking so I could bear the pompous shit coming out of his mouth.

I am sufficiently drunk and the slightest interest I had was waning so I finally ask him what he is studying. He then tells me he is in school for forensic science, specifically autopsies. I take a quick look around and realize there absolutely no one around and we are basically alone. Again I should had listened to my intuition and gone but no, I don’t. He tells me to stand up and I do. He then marks with is hands the lines on the body where he would cut if doing an autopsy on me. Extremely creepy, yet oddly…disturbingly erotic at the same time. I would like to blame that on the alcohol.

So then he says, “We should go.” Again, me, “Okay.” I take his hand and he brings me to his car. It’s only then I realize he hasn’t had anything to drink. I am the only one who has…he starts driving out of the city. I am at this point convinced I am going to be chopped up into pieces for being such an idiot. In my head I make peace with it and take another swig of vodka.

About 20 minutes later he pulls into and old grown-over road. He gets out and tells me to follow. I do. He starts climbing a fence. I am wearing a skirt and clogs but I do the same. Come to find out it’s the old building of an insane asylum and apparently where Sylvia Plath was held. Then there are bright lights and a man saying, “Hold it right there.” It was security.

He runs. He yells at me to run. Mind you, I’m drunk and in a skirt. I scale the fence. We jump in the car while the security man jumps from his truck and tries to unlock the gate. He puts my hand on the shifter then his hand over mine and takes off. The security man follows us down the road. We were going pretty fast and this kid cuts down some back roads and pulls into a long country driveway and turns off the car. We see the security guy go right on by without seeing us. After about 20 minutes, we pull out and he takes me home. Well, many blocks from my home (I lied about here I lived) and ignored every e-mail I got from him again. No more blind dates. Not even for entertainment value.
This is like Roisin writing this when she is 32.

hehe

im looking for someone who is a good kisser and fearless when it comes to cockroaches and other unwelcome house guests with many legs.

Dymphna/15/Ringaskiddy

im looking for someone who is a good kisser and fearless when it comes to cockroaches and other unwelcome house guests with many legs.

Dymphna/15/Ringaskiddy
jesus, way to put up the bar, la la. the men of ireland are useless for stuff. useless.

Being fancied as a teenager then.... what was that like? Was I missing out?

Being fancied as a teenager then.... what was that like? Was I missing out?
yeah.. but i think we all got a fancier. it may have been christine whippet, with the tar for hair and the face like a hamburger, but we all had some one. and the ugly birds..they were greatful...

Hey, there's a lot of girls on this thread slagging off what appear to be pathetic guys who fancied them, and letters they sent and whatnot. Not classy. I was that guy! You know when one of the "funny" guys from the class comes over and says "will you go with my friend?", with a slight smirk on his face, and points over to some oblivious dweeb eating a Wham bar?...well, that dweeb was me. In fact, it still is.

I once went out with a girl for two weeks without actually meeting her. At the time I thought it was kind of sad but looking back, you know, it was probably one of the better relationships I've been in. Ah, Angela... what are you doing now? Do your curls still spill over your eyes like plastic springs? Does your voice still lilt like the gears of a meat grinder? Remember this star-crossed love of yours whom you ended with so unceremoniously.

I know where he got the whole "girl like you thing", it turns out that his friend as at the same New Years party....

Where I was kissing this one guy all night and then turned around and got with his best friend. hahahahahhahaha. While falling over and spilling my drink all over everyones stuff, to which a guy id known for a couple of years was screaming at me over the whole house party "will you fucking ever grow up, your not 15 any fucking more". So everyone there was introduced to Roisin basically.

No wonder why he thinks im that sort of girl.....

ha ha, posting drunk on the internets. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back