Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (1 Viewer)

when i first saw the thumbnail i assumed it was someone stirring paint with a paintbrush.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i've seen comments on twitter that a lot of farmers resent the way the IFA seem to favour dairy farmers (who are usually the wealthiest farmers)
Farmers are going to be producing 100% of people's food* no matter how people change their diets, so it's obvious the IFA is speaking for a particular subset of farmers rather than them all

* except fish, I guess, though 40-odd% of that is farmed too

I just checked out of curiosity and the IFA does represent fish farms or is supposed to at least..

i hadn't spotted that; spuds aren't listed as a vegetable in that. but for spuds; "Ireland’s total production area in 2012 was over 8,700 hectares"
or about 12 phoenix parks.

i wouldn't have classed cereal as a veg either way, but "Over 253,000 hectares of land was Ireland is engaged in tillage farming, or the annual production of crops for harvest in 2018."
or 358 phoenix parks, to stay with the now standard measure. or about the size of county roscommon.

according to another teagasc document, the growth of cereal is 'predominately (sic) for animal feed'.

New York on flood advisory (this maintaining a diary of really obvious climate change events).

Post prompted by a video of water streaming through the subway ceiling.

New York on flood advisory (this maintaining a diary of really obvious climate change events).

Post prompted by a video of water streaming through the subway ceiling.

Fake news, it's the opposite ...

when i first saw the thumbnail i assumed it was someone stirring paint with a paintbrush.

I've never seen Lough Neagh.
It seems like an amazingly ignored and under promoted place, especially to us Southerners.

Nice teardown on the F1 / apple / bmw greenwashing...

and interesting philosophical ramblings..

the oul fella sent me a picture of a snowdrop thats just come up in his garden..which is pretty fucking bizzaro.

I've noticed an apple tree blosoming also - whatever combination of weather conditions we've had over past 2 months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back