Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (5 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Acalpuco after Hurricane Otis

Started mapping my own Co2e stuff this evening after reading the following sentence

3-2-1 tonnes per person by 2030-2040-2050. Globally, citizens and society need to aim for per-person consumption-based greenhouse gas emissions targets of 2.5 (tCO2e) in 2030, 1.4 by 2040, and 0.7 by 2050 in order to keep global temperature rise to within 1.5 degrees.

Mine is around 11 tons co2e this year.

Observations:
I've been trapped in a too much driving loop for the past year that hopefully will stop soon - 40% of my footprint is the driving.
Other problems:
I had to get a few bits of furniture and buying a new couch would have been one of the larger standalone footprint things, i did look for 2nd hand one for weeks.
flights were less than i thought, but just of the total.

If i could stop driving forever tomorrow i'd still be 3 times the target.

primarly using this website.

Trying to find the source of these stats this morning

The richest half a million people in Ireland emit almost the same amount of carbon as the poorest 50% of Irish society, it has been claimed.

And the richest 10% are responsible for over a quarter (27%) of our carbon emissions, according to Oxfam Ireland, which today published a report which said that the carbon emissions of the super-rich across the world are putting the planet at greater risk from climate change.

full article -->> Ireland's richest have country's emissions rising faster than rest of the EU

Most recent figure for top 10% of earners on the first look is over 70000eu but it's a little out of date.

In Ireland, the threshold for the top 10 per cent for those within the workforce starts at a gross personal earning rate of just under €70,000, while the threshold for the top 1 per cent within the workforce is just under €190,000. (2020)

related(directly) from the grauniad re Oxfam report.

interestingly they seem to be posting these articles across the day. (top 1% the article this morning).

Would be interesting to see the gradient within the top 10%, based on data for top 1% I'd presume ton per person emissions clusters around the top income brackets within deciles also.

It's not a very direct trail but the stats are coming from this website:

And a few of the headers are sorta generated from this release

-------------------

TLDR.

The 1% are by an order of magnitude the worst individual polluters but how they get to that statement isn't great. What i take from this is A: Don't buy a yacht that's an insane amount of carbon (larry ellison is around 145bn euro in value).

1700506212129.png

HOWEVER.

A lot of his investment is Oracle, which he is not the sole user of so I don't think you can really say he's single handedly getting through that carbon himself there. The yacht/planes for sure though. Like I'm guessing that by having insurance on my car i'm probably inadvertently using shit like oracle while never looking at it.

It makes that top 10% a pretty vague category?

I can't remember if I was ranting about this before on here or not.
One of my new (legitimate) pet hates is rural houses who landscape the piece of hedgerow across the road from their house. There's one particular one nearby that's torn out all the natural stone wall craic and planted some shit that looks like it's from a super mario game that they make into an ornamental box hedge.

Anywhoo the council were going about cutting the hedges back this week which i think they timed really well because once the frost lifts everything will know the size of it's spring mating areas and so forth rather gettting evicted by a flail mowere at a really bad time.

HOWEVER

The hedge trimmer operator trimmed all the hedgrow along that road, then skipped the stupid box hedge which is gonna bother me for weeks.

I can't remember if I was ranting about this before on here or not.
One of my new (legitimate) pet hates is rural houses who landscape the piece of hedgerow across the road from their house. There's one particular one nearby that's torn out all the natural stone wall craic and planted some shit that looks like it's from a super mario game that they make into an ornamental box hedge.

Anywhoo the council were going about cutting the hedges back this week which i think they timed really well because once the frost lifts everything will know the size of it's spring mating areas and so forth rather gettting evicted by a flail mowere at a really bad time.

HOWEVER

The hedge trimmer operator trimmed all the hedgrow along that road, then skipped the stupid box hedge which is gonna bother me for weeks.

That’s been going on a while round where I’m from, but generally only on narrow lanes where someone might have a flower bed on the other side, or have planted a few trees in front of existing hedge,

Fully reconfiguring shit is not something I’ve seen, but I’d be surprised if it’s not happening elsewhere..

If you want both sides of the road in front of your gaff orderly and paved move in a town I’d say.

That’s been going on a while round where I’m from, but generally only on narrow lanes where someone might have a flower bed on the other side, or have planted a few trees in front of existing hedge,

Fully reconfiguring shit is not something I’ve seen, but I’d be surprised if it’s not happening elsewhere..

If you want both sides of the road in front of your gaff orderly and paved move in a town I’d say.

In this case, with the house orientation and where they'e done the hedge and how they have hedged in thier place on other sides they can see exactly no countryside from the front of their house. 100% iving in the sticks fail. fuck those guys. anywhoo I want to fill their hedge with rage filled stoats or something.

In this case, with the house orientation and where they'e done the hedge and how they have hedged in thier place on other sides they can see exactly no countryside from the front of their house. 100% iving in the sticks fail. fuck those guys. anywhoo I want to fill their hedge with rage filled stoats or something.

What you need is a herd of cattle to wander out of a nearby field and make shit of the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back