Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (6 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Acalpuco after Hurricane Otis

Woah. Things went loco,.......

Fuck lawns

In de city were all about digging up lawns and paving our driveways..

One of the neighbours who is end of terrace and has a large front garden recently pulled out a fantastic beech hedge (about 2m high) which screened his house from view, and replaced whatever grass etc he had in the garden with the shittest looking tarmac imaginable. He’s not even getting a driveway made..

What’s was once a beautiful green corner is now a wasteland of oily pools of water and crisp bags blowing in off the street, where passers by can look at him watching his massive telly as they walk past

In de city were all about digging up lawns and paving our driveways..

One of the neighbours who is end of terrace and has a large front garden recently pulled out a fantastic beech hedge (about 2m high) which screened his house from view, and replaced whatever grass etc he had in the garden with the shittest looking tarmac imaginable. He’s not even getting a driveway made..

What’s was once a beautiful green corner is now a wasteland of oily pools of water and crisp bags blowing in off the street, where passers by can look at him watching his massive telly as they walk past

Absolute fucking hamhead

my niece did her LC last year; and since she did it has been on five foreign trips. or is it six? so much for me turning the central heating down a degree or two.

I was looking at this UN image wondering if I was gonna paste it into the thread or hellworld and your neice game me that final push. Meanwhile he dating apps are stull packed with people who have travel down as a personal trait.

And my skiing aquaintances are all back on skii slopes on insta this week. Who fucking needs 41% of stupid mammals when we have verbier.

Read a little about lough neagh disaster today,

which in tandem sorta is related to the derry waste disaster

There's a very middle aged pleasure of a show on the radio where Alexei Sayle gets on a train and just chats with randoms.

Today he met a bunch of people going to Cambridge. Rarified isn't the word.

One such persons job was she worked for a company who advised other companies how to mitigate their impact on the environment. She then cheerfully says that she usually resides in Indonesia. Catnip for Alexei Sayle you'd imagine, but no.

There was on the other hand some Quakers who took the train as a religiously minded choice, which was interesting.

so i've spent a good part of the day arguing with farmers online about whether methane emitted by cattle contributes to global warming.
remember - i do this so you don't have to.

the argument i was fighting was 'if we keep the herd level at the same size, atmospheric methane remains at a steady state, therefore the argument that methane emissions from cattle contribute to global warming is fallacious'.
one lad was arguing 'this means cattle don't produce methane'.
or;

the argument i was fighting was 'if we keep the herd level at the same size, atmospheric methane remains at a steady state, therefore the argument that methane emissions from cattle contribute to global warming is fallacious'.
or;
Won’t someone think of the poor farmers.

or;

It's kinda setup so the entry point to the conversation is somewhere around here with that video that i'm probably not going watch.

1707332323633.png

It's a similar entry point as a lot of the denial strands, i.e. coming into a conversation where people are sorta coming from a point where they think cars are naturally occurring things.

I'll probably never go back to boards but i guess the methane being in the ground/grass not being harmful in the warming cycle the e and the methane being in the sky being harmful is the elephant that they are proverbially dancing around.

I think there's a lot of begging the question going on. They don't see any harm because they assume the current situation created by farming is the baseline to measure off.
And they think 'the carbon cycle' assumes a C atom in a methane molecule is equivalent to one in a CO2 molecule.

I don't talk to anyone on this website but still have to monitor it for work.

Anywhoo the debate @magicbastarder was having with the cow lobby this week sorta reminded me of the airline conversation. A few weeks back on *national radio news show* a DAA/Ryanair type was on and 'the environmental question'. They fobbed it with 'ryainair has the lowest footprint of the airline' - which is true, because they stack em high and sell them cheap - However it glosses over the fact that the concversation was about the ever expanding dublin airport, which is increasing another 50% in size at a time where flights would need to be trimmed off globably by 30%+.

Anywhooo the reason the below interaction brought me here was I was like this is the Irish trump in action, in terms of social/political mechanicisms.

Oh sub point - Ryan is now one of the chief negotiators for european climate policy over the coming decades which obvs gives people who want to ignore that more reasons to try and undermine him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back