cars - who owns one? (2 Viewers)

I don't own one, and I'm still terrified of driving, so it might be a long while until I buy one. I don't mind taking public transport most of the time though, (even though it's a right pain in the hole a lot of the time) as for environmental reasons I like the fact it lowers my carbon footprint a bit.

If I did get one, I wouldn't mind one called a Panda though ;)

i check that, thanks. Most reviews suggest the panda is reliable...

The thing is it will sit idle outside the gaff 95% of the time but I would rather pay more for something that doesn't cost loads on repair and shit all the time and had fairly low emissions when we do use it.

and sure James May owns one

I have a Daewoo Matiz 1 liter totally grand to run and can park it anywhere (assuming you weren't terrified of damaging other cars like I am). However they apparently have gone out of business so would avoid Daewoo s as parts will be a bitch to get.

Anyone that I consulted, who were knowledgable about cars, said avoid Fiat: (fix it again tomorrow) like the plague. If bringing a dog, get car seat covers as the material as car seats basically seem to be made out of material that acts like velcro for hairs.

This is the extent of my knowledge. good luck buying, I know I would go for a new car, if you can afford as you'll always reckon that every car dealer is trying to rip you off, which they inevitably are.

I drive this:
CB4_1302996_2_1138657.jpg
thanks for the lift yesterday by the way. and get that music sorted out

Volvo s40 estate 1.6l.I'd get a 1.8 if I was doing it again.Grand yoke though.

I haven't owned a car for years, but I've had two in my lifetime. My first was a Second-hand, Japanese import Dihatsu Charade (diesel), which got me from a to b, just about, until the axle sheared at about 15 miles an hour and the front passenger wheel folded under the car. My second was a new Fiat Cinquecento Sporting - which was a joy to drive and a lot of fun (and saved my life, but that's a different story).

I guess what I'm saying is that my experience would suggest that new is a better option.

Anyone that I consulted, who were knowledgable about cars, said avoid Fiat: (fix it again tomorrow) like the plague. I

While that used to be the case I don't believe that it is true anymore. If I could justify having a car at the moment I'd definitely be tempted to go for a Fiat Panda.

I used to have a punto. Eight years old and never failed. Usually people who give out about Fiat are living in the 1980s and 90s when they were prone to rust and electrival faults. Nowadays you see loads of nine and ten year old fiats running around without problems. The punto actually matches the VW polo for reliability (see reliability index.co.uk) They're great learner cars, but because of that they get thrashed. Fiat are making top cars now - the new 500; the new Mito for Alfa; and they provided the underpinning to the new Ford Ka.

Broken arm is buying a two-year-old car with 17K miles. The previous owner bought it new and is selling it as soon as it's out of warranty (classic old person's fear of being out of warranty). Panda's are a real retired person's car anyway. The car is hardly run in so i reckon it's a good deal.

If you're in doubt you can pay the AA about €300 to test the car and sign off on its condition.

"Plenty of cubby holes for your lipstick and enough room for your husband or boyfriend to wave his hands and tell you what you're doing wrong."
The Fabia review is exactly the same as What Car, word for word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back