cars - who owns one? (3 Viewers)

Is this in Ireland or the US or globally, Ro?

Ireland - would be higher in US.

I drive a diesel focus, which was whatcar green car of the year last year (lower emissions than a prius on motorway drives) but still you hear things about diesels being worse for nitrous oxide, so it's hard to do the right thing by everybody.

Ireland - would be higher in US.

I drive a diesel focus, which was whatcar green car of the year last year (lower emissions than a prius on motorway drives) but still you hear things about diesels being worse for nitrous oxide, so it's hard to do the right thing by everybody.

the general rule of thumb is that diesel produces more particulates and is more damaging to human health, asthma etc

The meany Swedish Government don't want to pay a few hundred million of their tax payer's money to keep a totally useless company going until Christmas. If only Saab were in Ireland. And were a bank. And were about 10 times less likely to ever turn a profit again than Saab.

Sorry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7899244.stm

Maybe they should get onto The Golden Circle for a few quid. They could buy shares in Saab, use the shares as collateral for the loan to buy the shares and only pay for about 5% of the shares coz the value of the shares is bound to skyrocket. And if that doesn't work, well it's not like anyone's going to look for their money back..

3300925348_731ec4dc44.jpg

for example -

The price of new cars over here has dropped massively but the prices of used cars that are small/efficient etc are staying the same or going up.

there is a small car we were looking at and the used 2006 17,000 miles version is 4 grand but the new 2009 version has dropped by £2500 and is only one grand more than the used one.

do we pay more?

I feel unwell even talking about this :)

Well, the moment you buy a new one the sell-on price a will depreciate a lot immediately.

The sell-on price for a second-hand one will be closer to what you've paid for it.

Second-hand prices have come down massively as well. Good bit of advice - go to a seller in a town full of old people. The cars there are less likely to have been driven in to the ground.

Just put a deposit down on this bad boy...

media

Well not that actual one, but the same model.

Now to flog my girly car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back