People who release music (2 Viewers)

Who all do you send your music to hopefully get reviewed?

Trying to compile a list to send some band shit to.
I would also like to know the answer to this.

Not reviews but I did find this page pretty handy. It’s a list of Irish radio station contacts. Some of them host new Irish music shows that might play your stuff

You could try these guys

They have contact details on the site to send press packs to

I tend just do an internet trawl around outlets that have people in the same vague venn diagram as what i'm doing and build up a list. Like you want to be as famous as Bros? Then google who's reviewing Bros singles and see if they are open to submissions.

Oh and read the fucking submission guidelines, even if it is 50 extra hurdles.

It's all so FUCKING TEDIOUS though. I didn't bother for the last single, dunno if any of the effort I was making made any difference. Paid for publicity once, got very little in the way of results (maybe 2 sentences in the thin air and a mention in hot press)

There was a thing called Yangaroo for a while that you could use to send your stuff to all the Irish radio stations. It was paid, but I got use of it for free for a little while in return for some programming work. Again, dunno if it made any difference, and I dunno if radio stations still use it. Maybe @ann post knows?

Here's my own personal tiny list of radio shows/stations that are worth sending stuff to:
* Nova Guestlist
* Roddie Cleere
* 8Radio
* Flirt FM (via @ann post )
* Dan Hegarty

That's kind of it for Stoat. I've had the tunes I did with the kids played by Dermot and Dave and Tom Dunne in the past, and solo piano tunes played on lyric, but not much point sending them Stoat stuff

It's all so FUCKING TEDIOUS though. I didn't bother for the last single, dunno if any of the effort I was making made any difference. Paid for publicity once, got very little in the way of results (maybe 2 sentences in the thin air and a mention in hot press)

There was a thing called Yangaroo for a while that you could use to send your stuff to all the Irish radio stations. It was paid, but I got use of it for free for a little while in return for some programming work. Again, dunno if it made any difference, and I dunno if radio stations still use it. Maybe @ann post knows?
Yup, it’s incredibly tedious.
Never went down the PR route. Somebody did recommend Raised by Wolves before. They seem good. Also, Amplify Agency as well seem good. But that sort of thing is outside our budget. At least I’m assuming so.

Used Submit Hub a few times and found it fuck all use and a complete waste of time for us.

Used Instagram ads once or twice and found them useful for getting people to listen in the past. If you put up an ad with a small clip of yr video, that’d probably work.

The list of stations up there is worth going through and contacting.

Also, like @ann post suggested, have a look at bands similar to yourself on Instagram or Facebook and see who’s reviewing them, then contact them. It’s pretty tedious though

Used Instagram ads once or twice and found them useful for getting people to listen in the past. If you put up an ad with a small clip of yr video, that’d probably work.
That's gonna be my next thing. Try and create small pieces of content like this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
regularly and then boost them to an Irish-only audience. My fantasy is that this will get more people to come to our very infrequent gigs, which might then allow us to make them a bit more frequent

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back