cars - who owns one? (6 Viewers)

Garages in general are fupped. Forecourt inventory is at huge levels and manufacturers are cutting production over to coming month. Harsh time for the motor industry.
Now is the time to buy if you are considering it.

It's also a good idea to get the background check done. think it's about 40euro and there's a few websites do it. www.motorcheck.ie is one. You'll still need a mechanic to check it out but any debt owing on the car wont be carried forward and you'll know if the mileage and condition match up to the history of the car

I drive a 2006 Ford Focus 1.6L diesel. Great in every way. Cars in general are fab.

Broken arm - what car are you looking at? Bear in mind that for a new car you'll have to pay VRT. If you're a cash buyer (i.e. no trade-in) you can name your price these days.

for example -

The price of new cars over here has dropped massively but the prices of used cars that are small/efficient etc are staying the same or going up.

there is a small car we were looking at and the used 2006 17,000 miles version is 4 grand but the new 2009 version has dropped by £2500 and is only one grand more than the used one.

do we pay more?

I feel unwell even talking about this :)

A new car for £5,000 (is that sterling?). What is it - a Perodua Kelisa?

Peugeot 306 estate 1.4.
had to get an estate for the double bass, was the smallest engine estate car i could find. holds a full drumkit and 5 adults. goes by the name of padre.

dont buy a fiat.

broken arm - if you've access to which online they've ratings for reliability and safety for different makes/models of car, worth a look at those before you decide.

If you're the kind of person who'll take care of your car (services when you're supposed to, etc) then you're better off buying new, because most people don't (take care of their cars)

broken arm - if you've access to which online they've ratings for reliability and safety for different makes/models of car, worth a look at those before you decide

i check that, thanks. Most reviews suggest the panda is reliable...

The thing is it will sit idle outside the gaff 95% of the time but I would rather pay more for something that doesn't cost loads on repair and shit all the time and had fairly low emissions when we do use it.

and sure James May owns one

Buying a car can be quite stressful if you don't know much about them. I'm on my 4th car. Ford Galaxy 1.6 Diesel, I love it, although not enough to wash it, it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back