Canadian bastards type thread #1 (1 Viewer)

nooly said:
yeah, talking about 'guilt' is bollocks, as if everyone secretly really wants to be a lefty punk but are too repressed to set their inner vegetarian anarchist free and are living in denial. i'd find it a bit more likely that the majority of people think vegetarianism is stupid and couldn't give less of a fuck, never mind feeling guilty about not conforming to obscure hippy subculture ideals.

.|..|

anyone seen march of the penguins? see those sick bastard leopard seals terrorizing those darling little cutesy pengies, just for their own sadistic fun? let's go out and chase them in a greenpeace dinghy and throw red paint on them.

Nooley I donno wtf is wrong with u lately and if u were older I would say it was the menopause but since u are 22 years of age and it couldn't be possibly be that I have to come to the conclusion that you are a fucking left wing lesbian so stfu.

Tom.

SW%20Sweeping.jpg

JANER said:
Nooley I donno wtf is wrong with u lately and if u were older I would say it was the menopause but since u are 22 years of age and it couldn't be possibly be that I have to come to the conclusion that you are a fucking left wing lesbian so stfu.

Tom.
what do you mean what's wrong with me 'lately', i don't know you except from the internet and that you're the oul lad at gigs who looks like gonzo. as for the rest...yes, i'm a lefty lezzer cos i argue against bog-standard save-the-seals drivel. and we all know saving seals is ultra right-wing. which would explain why you're into it.

firstly, nooly: i love you.

secondly, I'd like to speak on behalf of all canadians now, and since I am the only one with their stupid passport I don't see anyone one-upping me on this, I'm a go 'head m'kay? great.
JANER said:
Canada is one of the richest...countries on the fucking planet.
sources claim newfoundland is apparently the most irish place outside of ireland - i'd say it might even be more irish than ireland since it's poorer (AND colder). there ain't no irish-style dole though.
and saying "canada is X" is like saying "europe is X". ain't no real representation of the people.

and as for
JANER said:
Then they should move to an area that has income.
i'm thinking jane should move to an area that has brains, because D4 seems to be starving for smarts.

also, refering again to my elite passport-weilding status, assuming canada is in any way "morally superior" to the states is to confuse lack-of-evil with lack-of-political/economic-clout. it's a bad place, full of bad men (and women). governmentally speaking, of course.

i love you too, but you're a canadian so you're evil and don't get to have an opinion.
PS janer's a he, no-one's quite sure why he calls himself 'janer', and he lives in D1, not D4, so he's like, fucking hard core and all. i guess you haven't had the pleasure of following the life and times of janer as presented in excruciating detail on eirecore over the last while.

“The cull, which reportedly earns C$16.5m (£8.3m) in meat and pelt sales, is an important source of income for fishing communities in Quebec and Newfoundland that have been hit hard by dwindling fish stocks in the Atlantic.

The hunt is "an annual harvest and it is based on economics... It is harvesting animals on a sustainable basis", Roger Simone of the Department of Fisheries and Oceans told the BBC.

The Canadian government says the cull is also necessary to control seal numbers, saying the seal population is now almost six million, nearly triple the level of the 1970s.”

I don’t know if anyone actually read the article before posting, but I thought there were some important points raised that can get lost in the personal abuse and vegetarian verses meat argument. Two points hit home in particular ‘dwindling fish stocks’ and the threefold increase in the seal population. Why? Are the oceans being over fished, are the natural predators of the seal being killed. It’s cause and effect surely. The planet is being destroyed through human demand, we know everyone needs to change in one way or another, so I personally think the seal culls need to change too. t's not like they are harvested, it's a natural growth, there is something wrong in that.

If you use the ‘livelihood’ argument, then it must be applied equally across the spectrum. Think of all the things you are against and use the ‘tradition’ or ‘livelihood’ argument with yourself, you’ll soon find yourself in a place you don’t want to be. The Japanese use this argument regarding whales and dolphins and they are slowly becoming extinct. Africans and Europeans hunted almost all big game close to extinction. Africa is a poor country and they could use the profits from the sale of tiger skin and the meat for food. Should they be permitted into the reserves to hunt? Ivory? Rainforests in being cut down to satisfy livelihoods, glaciers melting to satisfy economic growth, child labour for western fashion….. Ok, moving off subject but I see it as a similar but exaggerated point of view to make the point about the natural chain. Anyway, I don’t normally get into net debates but thought it was worth saying.

As for meat eaters and vegetarians, It never changes, having been a vegetarian since the mid eighties, I have heard every kind of stupid comment from meat eaters and still do. It’s juvenile and pathetic. If you eat meat, it’s your decision. If someone wants to make a personal protest against what they see as a barbaric trade, then that is their choice. How many times as a vegetarian have you heard the ole classic ‘…bit of ole steak would do you the world of good’, have you ever heard that from a vegetarian/vegan ‘…bit of ole tofu………’.

just to conclude, look at the excellent job those people are doing on the 'Cursed earth' project in the thread above. I guess they know that it's much harder to replace something once it is gone, no matter what that is.

Exactly.
There will be fuck all of this planet in 100 years time but then again humans deserve fuck else, cos all they do is destroy it for $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and go to war and harvest a less intelligent speices to eat.

Sly said:
How many times as a vegetarian have you heard the ole classic ‘…bit of ole steak would do you the world of good’, have you ever heard that from a vegetarian/vegan ‘…bit of ole tofu………’.
yes, i've heard many stupid arrogant comments from vegetarians/vegans, and made a lot of them myself.

Sly said:
If you use the ‘livelihood’ argument, then it must be applied equally across the spectrum. Think of all the things you are against and use the ‘tradition’ or ‘livelihood’ argument with yourself, you’ll soon find yourself in a place you don’t want to be. The Japanese use this argument regarding whales and dolphins and they are slowly becoming extinct. Africans and Europeans hunted almost all big game close to extinction. Africa is a poor country and they could use the profits from the sale of tiger skin and the meat for food. Should they be permitted into the reserves to hunt? Ivory? Rainforests in being cut down to satisfy livelihoods, glaciers melting to satisfy economic growth, child labour for western fashion….. Ok, moving off subject but I see it as a similar but exaggerated point of view to make the point about the natural chain. Anyway, I don’t normally get into net debates but thought it was worth saying.

europeans hunted big game to extinction for sport, not for survival.
ivory is hunted for rich people to make ivory chequebooks or whatever, not for survival.
rainforests are cut down to satisfy multinationals, destroying livelihoods of people who live there.
extinction of species is a funny subject since there have been repeated mass extinctions throughout the history of the planet; 85% of all species died in the last mass extinction on earth. people seem to have this perception that the planet started with a certain selection of species and humans are gradually killing them all off. that's ok if you're a creationist, but there is a natural background level of species replacement. even if we all stood stock still and tried not to breathe too heavily for the rest of our lives, species would continue going extinct.
africa could sell tiger skin and eat the meat, it would certainly be a useful source of income and food. alternatively they could have used their vast mineral wealth to become a rich country if europeans hadn't claimed it all. and used their farmland if it wasn't destroyed by clearcutting and cash crops for first world profit. these problems relate to the global economy and how it's fucked and stupid, not to whether it's right to eat meat.

nooly said:
what makes you think that?
Because he was actually referring to the stupid comments from non veggies and u appear to think the other way round.
Not a big deal but then again...................!ninjaaaa

nooly said:
africa could sell tiger skin and eat the meat, it would certainly be a useful source of income and food.
If they could find a Tiger ;)

Again you are wrong, for all the big words and education you have you know fuck all deep down.

nooly said:
alternatively they could have used their vast mineral wealth to become a rich country if europeans hadn't claimed it all.
Nigeria not counting the Arab countries in the north is one of the richest countries on the continent with natraul rescources and have being independent for many years but like many other African countries rich or poor they waste it on munitions and civil war, you cannot blame the "colonists" for ever but then again that's what Mugabe tries to sing from Zimbabwes hmn sheet.

nooly said:
europeans hunted big game to extinction for sport, not for survival.
ivory is hunted for rich people to make ivory chequebooks or whatever, not for survival.
rainforests are cut down to satisfy multinationals, destroying livelihoods of people who live there.
extinction of species is a funny subject since there have been repeated mass extinctions throughout the history of the planet; 85% of all species died in the last mass extinction on earth. people seem to have this perception that the planet started with a certain selection of species and humans are gradually killing them all off. that's ok if you're a creationist, but there is a natural background level of species replacement. even if we all stood stock still and tried not to breathe too heavily for the rest of our lives, species would continue going extinct.
africa could sell tiger skin and eat the meat, it would certainly be a useful source of income and food. alternatively they could have used their vast mineral wealth to become a rich country if europeans hadn't claimed it all. and used their farmland if it wasn't destroyed by clearcutting and cash crops for first world profit. these problems relate to the global economy and how it's fucked and stupid, not to whether it's right to eat meat.

hahaha, no, i'm certainly not a creationist and of course you are correct about previous mass extinctions. If I put my nihilist cap on, then fuck it all to hell, another mass extinction may not be a bad thing!!! But the subject matter was about the here and now and how self preservation of the human species along with all other plant and animal life might actually occur. I think it can only occur if we all make changes, from the individual to the multinational.

yes westerners hunted animals for sport, the Africans did not, but as time went on the economic possibilities for the native became clear as the western markets grew. So it was both. Whether it was skin for the coats or Ivory for a cheque book, the idea is the same, a market and livelihood. Yes they could use their mineral wealth, or they could pay back their burdening debts, but they can't as you rightly point out, so there is no choice there, yet.

And clear cutting is the native worker destroying their own environment at the payroll of the multinational without the realisation of what they are really losing?

Anyway, i think we are firing from the same gun in the main, so i won't go around in circles.

JANER said:
Because he was actually referring to the stupid comments from non veggies and u appear to think the other way round.
Not a big deal but then again...................!ninjaaaa
You have to be taking the piss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back