BREXIT (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
God they are so awful. They're basically the centrist dad "have you read this Malcolm Gladwell book?" party.

In 2010 they campaigned on scrapping tuition fees, when they got into power they trebled tuition fees.

Wiki has this polite description:

[T]here is a distinctive set of principles underlying Liberal Democrat political ideology. The ideology centres around individual freedom and tolerance in relation to lifestyle issues, a belief in redistribution and social equality, a commitment to free markets and a positive attitude to internationalism, as exemplified by members' views of the European Union (EU). This distinctive set of ideological beliefs underpin Liberal Democrat policies and add a coherence to the party, which makes it different from its rivals in British politics.

ernesto

Big stanks
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
God they are so awful. They're basically the centrist dad "have you read this Malcolm Gladwell book?" party.

In 2010 they campaigned on scrapping tuition fees, when they got into power they trebled tuition fees.

Wiki has this polite description:

[T]here is a distinctive set of principles underlying Liberal Democrat political ideology. The ideology centres around individual freedom and tolerance in relation to lifestyle issues, a belief in redistribution and social equality, a commitment to free markets and a positive attitude to internationalism, as exemplified by members' views of the European Union (EU). This distinctive set of ideological beliefs underpin Liberal Democrat policies and add a coherence to the party, which makes it different from its rivals in British politics.

Ugh they do sound shit

hydromancer

Supporter
Threads
i haven't been paying much heed to them of late -what's the deal with them?
I would think they are possibly the only route for a new Tory government via another coalition whether they will do so or not I don't know. Of course they are completely unrealistic about brexit too but then so is almost every other party in the the UK parliament they will definitely do well in any upcoming election though.

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I don't see much to object to in the wiki-description, apart maybe from the free markets thing
I know what you mean but I have come to strongly believe that that is the foundation upon which everything else is built upon.

you mean they trebled the fees, or the tories, who were the senior party in that coalition, did?
Ah yeah in fairness a few resigned and a load of backbenchers rebelled but all the main lib dems voted in favour of it.

ann post

Threads
I would love to know how the oligarchs are seeing this.

Like are they just planning to buy a few middle england cities and a few boroughs of farmland during the handover period for unregulated intense farming while renting england to itself. they most certainly are not going to be concerned about how suitable boris is.

The uk* motor industry will probably fall to bits and those industrial holdings might be scooped up for something or other. smart nandos or something.

*japanese off site motor industry

ernesto

Big stanks
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
I would love to know how the oligarchs are seeing this.

Like are they just planning to buy a few middle england cities and a few boroughs of farmland during the handover period for unregulated intense farming while renting england to itself. they most certainly are not going to be concerned about how suitable boris is.

The uk* motor industry will probably fall to bits and those industrial holdings might be scooped up for something or other. smart nandos or something.

*japanese off site motor industry
Tell me more about these ‘smart Nando’s’ of which you speak.
your chicken has WiFi built in or something?

ann post

Threads
Tell me more about these ‘smart Nando’s’ of which you speak.
your chicken has WiFi built in or something?
I was reading about the amazon centres in the uk that have human free zones filled with robots picking out boxes and stuff and i was trying to figure what they might use the nissan sunderland plant for once its a loser to assemble in the uk

moose

Born to raise hell.
Staff member
Supporter
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Haven't properly read these as I'm not ever gonna vote in the UK but should be some info on the Lib Dems for yas.

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Since 2000
Threads
They should just rename themselves the (neo)liberal democrats and be done with it.

That theyworkforyou.com site is brilliant. Is there an Irish equivalent?

Attachments

Bernie Lomax

Threads
He seems to be accosted by angry people every time he steps out the front door. He really should stop inviting the press along on his excursions because ti's making him look like a total fool. He's really making a hames of this prime minister position. I wonder if he's getting that horrible feeling you get when you accept a new job and realise within the first couple of weeks that it's totally the wrong job for you but you're stuck in it for the forseaable future.

prefuse

Threads
John Harris has been doing a series of videos for the Guardian. Travelling around asking people about brexit. Here's the one he did up the North.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Previous thread
Next thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads